Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Here's my evening mix, enjoy ! (before/after/louder, attached)
Mix 1 !

I included a louder version for people who prefer closer to 0dBFS files. Smile

I also included a rough draft mix I done before starting mixing for ones who like to compare before and after.

Enjoy !

.mp3    PRINT44k16bsunshine garcia band for i am the moon alvin mix MIX1_01.mp3 --  (Download: 11.62 MB)

.mp3    LOUDER PRINT actual 44k16bsunshine garcia band for i am the moon alvin mix MIX1_01.mp3 --  (Download: 11.62 MB)

.mp3    PRINT44k16bsunshine garcia band for i am the moon alvin mix_PREMIX.mp3 --  (Download: 11.76 MB)

Any comments, feedback, greatly appreciated ! Smile
Nice sounding mix !
I haven't tried this mix yet just having a little listen to your mixes !!
On my monitors the bass guitar sounds a touch loud and the bass drum has a lot of bottom end !
The female vocal sounds a touch upfront !
Good job Wink !

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

(09-12-2013, 11:21 AM)thedon Wrote: Nice sounding mix !
I haven't tried this mix yet just having a little listen to your mixes !!
On my monitors the bass guitar sounds a touch loud and the bass drum has a lot of bottom end !
The female vocal sounds a touch upfront !
Good job Wink !

Thanks for the reply and feedback !

You might not be off with what you are hearing, this was an interesting recording to mix seeing the nature of the tracks.

The reason why the bass guitar might be a touch loud and the bass drum with a lot of bottom end is because there is no bass drum, it is actually a djembe and djembe's go pretty low, and of course it's the only instrument of its "class" to keep the track on its feet. As for the bass guitar, I felt this song was very Reggae ish and usually Reggae has lots of low end and bass guitars.
As for the female lead vocal being a touch upfront, I thought the vocals were great and needed to be on top of things a bit more than usual , but seeing they are open enough, perhaps they could take some burrying along with some automation for some parts.

The "bridge" part was wierd and odd, also the beatbox did not seem quite solid in time or arrangement. I like what FIATM SpedeMix did to the bridge part, nice contrast there, not sure if that would fit the "feel" of my mix of this though.

It was fun to mix.

Cheers !

Alvin
and here's the instrumental.

.mp3    INSTRUMENTAL PRINT44k16bsunshine garcia band for i am the moon alvin mix MIX1_01.mp3 --  (Download: 11.62 MB)