Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
spi mix
Hi,

here is my mix.

.mp3    Young Griffo Facade.mp3 --  (Download: 6.4 MB)

You have a bit of a problem with the verses sounding bigger than the choruses, in my view, which is one of the trickiest things with this multitrack admittedly. The biggest factor for me is that the guitar sound in the choruses just seems to be too much fizz and not enough real midrange guts -- in a way that makes me think that you might have fallen foul of unfavourable phase relationships between the multile guitar mics. If you can thicken out that guitar sound, I think it'll go a long way towards making the long-term dynamics work more satisfyingly.

Your bass is also disappearing rather more than I'd like on my Avantone, so I'd maybe try to tilt its frequency balance a little away from the lowest octaves and up a bit more into the 300-800Hz region. That'll also take some of the pressure off the guitar in that region too.

The vocal sounds is nice and clear, but could probably blend a bit better during the choruses, and I wonder whether it's just that it has a bit too much low midrange for me around 200-300Hz there. The guitars also suffer quite a bit in mono, so I'm suspicious that you might have panned their multimics without checking their phase-relationships first.