Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kamikase Mix

I do like the spacey vocal doubling, it's a change at least, maybe overdone in the prechorus. And all the other elements work too - the kick drum is really punchy.
(14-09-2012, 05:19 PM)Kamikase Wrote:
(14-09-2012, 03:17 AM)electricladyLAN Wrote: I do like the spacey vocal doubling, it's a change at least, maybe overdone in the prechorus. And all the other elements work too - the kick drum is really punchy.

Easy to do this kick drum.

A gate at the insert and Transient Monster plugin (from stillwell audio).

ThnX for the feedback ElectricLadyLaN

Thanks for the tip Kamikase! I have flux bittersweet and the REAPER JS transient shaper, it probably can do as much as the stillwell one. Is the trick perhaps the gating? I'll definitely get around to improving my 'Run, run, run' drum sound on my next look at it.

(13-09-2012, 05:46 PM)Kamikase Wrote: My Mix.

Hope you like it.

Hey Kamikase,

I hope you will take my remarks just as a way of sharing thoughts, nothing more. And it's anyway just my opinion.

ORGAN: the way you sort of ping-pong panned them (very clear at the beginning) make the stereo image of the track feel very shaky. Besides, it's quite heavily phasing, if you check that with a phase meter.

VOCALS: I don't particularly like the double-tracked vocals. They sound kind of chorusy and unnatural. I guess it might be a nice feature for a smaller section of the tune, not the whole time though. Also, if you mono your track, the hi-hats are getting in the way of the vocals so as to mask them pretty much all the time. The piano especially, sounds louder than the vocals (still in mono)

BASS: it doesn't deliver the right amount of low-end energy and rhythmical drive (transients) that a dub piece should have I think.

The rest I like!

Thanks and all the best

Andrea

--
New Lumisokea audiovisual teaser check it out here
Snippets from forthcoming Lumisokea's EP 'Selva' already available here

(05-11-2012, 03:38 PM)Kamikase Wrote: Thanks for the feedback Andrea.

Greetings!

Oh, anytime.
Andrea
--
New Lumisokea audiovisual teaser check it out here
Snippets from forthcoming Lumisokea's EP 'Selva' already available here

'Kamikase',

Could you explain a little more detailed about how you processed the Kick Drum? I will really appreciate it,

-'Kharlos84'
The spl trans is good but not cheap.
You can also side chain the bass and kick together with a compressor.
If you want to cheat you could use somthing like drumagog and use
the kick and snare of choice.
I see you have kept this nasty bass under control,im also not keen on the vocals
but all in all not a bad job