Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Living Lie - My Mix
This is my take on the track "Living Lie" hope you enjoy it!

.mp3    Living Lie (REV.3).mp3 --  (Download: 4.52 MB)

Hi Rocco - thanks for mixing our track ! I just had a listen through and can offer some observations. Overall, lots to like in this mix.

* I found the lead vocal a little muddy - was thinking a little less lower mids, a little more high frequency content
* reverb choice is cool - like the drum reverb choice
* nice job on the impact of chorus 1 coming in
* the little guitar part after chorus 1 needs some delay or sustain of some kind - blame me - playing it and recorded it
* bass tone a bit honky for my taste - also finding it a bit low in the mix OR some of the tasty bass fills need automated up or something
* overall mix tonality a bit dark - maybe what you are going for - depends on your reference(s)
* snare pops out of the mix at times with a bit more high end
* I can hear the automation coming into the second guitar lead part. Seems a little too extreme
* overall buss compression? Hearing something with compression - vocal part maybe? Perhaps a little less, more automation

Highlight for me was the chorus contrast to the verse - nice ! Thanks again for mixing our song.

Thomas
(11-04-2020, 12:05 AM)ThomasStevenson Wrote: Hi Rocco - thanks for mixing our track ! I just had a listen through and can offer some observations. Overall, lots to like in this mix.

* I found the lead vocal a little muddy - was thinking a little less lower mids, a little more high frequency content
* reverb choice is cool - like the drum reverb choice
* nice job on the impact of chorus 1 coming in
* the little guitar part after chorus 1 needs some delay or sustain of some kind - blame me - playing it and recorded it
* bass tone a bit honky for my taste - also finding it a bit low in the mix OR some of the tasty bass fills need automated up or something
* overall mix tonality a bit dark - maybe what you are going for - depends on your reference(s)
* snare pops out of the mix at times with a bit more high end
* I can hear the automation coming into the second guitar lead part. Seems a little too extreme
* overall buss compression? Hearing something with compression - vocal part maybe? Perhaps a little less, more automation

Highlight for me was the chorus contrast to the verse - nice ! Thanks again for mixing our song.

Thomas

Thank you very much for the detailed feedback on my mix, really appreciate it!