Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem on snare down ?
Hey guys,

I started to mix this song and just realized something weird on the snaredown track.

I starts at 40 seconds approx.

I almost feel like a weird rebounce. I dont know how to explian in english. It's like a distorsion on a delay. I think something went wrong during the record.

In the mix it can't be heard but it disturb me when I mix the drums.

Just to let you know.
And pls tell me if you find a workaround.

Thanks.
I'm not hearing anything weird. I am hearing some ghost notes and maybe the snares resonating to something else in the kit occasionally but nothing that sounds like the bottom of a snare.

Personally, I usually like stuff like that. But I suppose if it's an issue try gating or expanding it and have it side chained to the top of the snare.
It doesn't have to sound good. People just need to think it sounds good.
(08-04-2020, 05:55 PM)RoyM Wrote: I'm not hearing anything weird. I am hearing some ghost notes and maybe the snares resonating to something else in the kit occasionally but nothing that sounds like the bottom of a snare.

Personally, I usually like stuff like that. But I suppose if it's an issue try gating or expanding it and have it side chained to the top of the snare.

I will try the expand / sidechain technic.

But it is not audible in the mix so probably not necessary.

I have another question completely outside this issue:
My fridge is messing with my monitors !!!! Everytime the fridge starts there is an electric pop in my monitor.
Do you know if this is really dangerous ( I think yes )? If yes what would you do ?

Thanks
(08-04-2020, 08:11 PM)Badcard Wrote:
(08-04-2020, 05:55 PM)RoyM Wrote: I'm not hearing anything weird. I am hearing some ghost notes and maybe the snares resonating to something else in the kit occasionally but nothing that sounds like the bottom of a snare.

I will try the expand / sidechain technic.

But it is not audible in the mix so probably not necessary.

I have another question completely outside this issue:
My fridge is messing with my monitors !!!! Everytime the fridge starts there is an electric pop in my monitor.
Do you know if this is really dangerous ( I think yes )? If yes what would you do ?

Thanks
I haven't had to think of electrical things like that in a long time. I think it's a grounding thing and they're on the same circuit. If possible try using a different outlet that is separate from the fridge. Even if it's just a test that could narrow down the issue. I don't think it's particularly dangerous but I'm not an electrician.

It doesn't have to sound good. People just need to think it sounds good.