Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Magician's Nephew: 'Get Out Of Bed' AnaBi Sleepin Late Mix
This was easy for me cause rock and roll is in my veins.... rock and roll... and cholesterol. Gotta lay off the dairy. m/. If you detest this mix you should tell me why in detail and help me see through my narcissistic tendencies. I don't even have a job right now. That solo tho.

****Ah, yes, I was only testing you!! ek, hem!!... here is the "stereo version".

Newest version on 04/10/2020 post below........

.mp3    MagiciansNephew03282020Mix.mp3 --  (Download: 7.05 MB)

.mp3    MagiciansNephewMix11InStereo.mp3 --  (Download: 7.05 MB)

Hi,

I don't detest this mix exactly, in fact it is sounding pretty good. It does sound quite mono to me though? Not sure if this is intentional or not. Of course, if you are a narcissist, there is no stereo version right? Silly me. Big Grin

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
It is mono and I think would really benefit being stereo.
Thought I was testing you... Heh. Big Grin

Yeah, sounds even better in stereo! Nice job!

Stay safe and best of luck.

Cheers!

Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
(28-03-2020, 07:16 PM)mikej Wrote: Thought I was testing you... Heh. Big Grin

Yeah, sounds even better in stereo! Nice job!

Stay safe and best of luck.

Cheers!

Ay, these plug-ins, they got a lotta buttons, lol... Blush Tongue Cool

Cool. Thanks for the kind words and you too sir.
Nice sounding mix! Love how the drums sound. Did you, by any chance, sidechain the rhythm guitars to either the vocals or maybe kick, though? They sound a little to ducked to me, and in turn makes the vocal a little bit too loud and disconnected in some sections. I'd try backing off the sidechain a bit, and add a little wetness to vocal to glue the mix together. Also, I think the solo can be brought up a bit, and also needs some wetness and just a little bit more midrange energy. Other than that the mix sounds very good to me, very rock'n'roll indeed.
I really appreciate the criticism and suggestions. You had it right, good ears, I was doing some sidechaining on the guitars with the vocals. I did some adjustments following your suggestions and I think it came out better this time. Very constructive, thanks!!

.mp3    MagiciansNephewMix11InStereo7tweaks.mp3 --  (Download: 7.05 MB)