Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
By My Side - Northern Soul Mix
chamber sound is t-racks Sunset Sound reverb
smidge of echoplate also on vox

The vox was a nightmare cos of the backing bleed, its gone thru a t-racks la2a, then into t-racks 1073, then into a t-rack api550b, then heavily de-essed.
Tremelo added to guitar

run thru a final t-racks sontec eq clone for some slight tweaking, then fairchild 670 & tape machine emulation (studer 1/4 inch running 456) on the master bus.

in the end i decided to go for more vocal level with less high-end rather than crisper and lower. wanted an old skool vox, northern style

needs a few more tweaks... go thru the vox phrase by phrase adjusting volume to reduce some of the slightly louder phrases

.mp3    kat_wright_by_my_side_northern_soul_mix.mp3 --  (Download: 8.86 MB)

Nice, I like the direction where this mix is going. Vibey!

Nice compromise on the vocal.

I'm gonna try out the Sunset Sound reverb!
cheers, yeah, that Sunset Sound reverb is epic. I'm really into Northern Soul anyways, and this track fits the genre completely as a slow groove.

done some a little more work on it since then. Time adjusted the horns in one bit where they get out of time a little which takes away the groove (more to do on that tbh). Also added an extra snare hit in that break they do which took away from the groove (imo). Had to copy & paste one snare hit on not just the two snare tracks but also some other tracks including the vocal track lol

also adjusted the guitar solo, raised it a smidge & lowered the reverb chamber send for the solo

btw, this was all mixed on cans, needs re-adjusting on nearfields

.mp3    kat_wright_horns_adjusted.mp3 --  (Download: 8.84 MB)