Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This was fun
Thanks for your input.

I absolutely agree with you on the vocals. Especially the FX vox challenged me, 'cause it tends to blend to much with the music. In my first bounce I did tuck the vocals more into the mix, perhaps I should have kept that?

The guitars aren't boosted anywhere. I did HPF them ... not aggresively, but just around the point, where their energy is. I did however cut them conservatively, because I didn't want to make them too thin or too phased. I basically just cut the worst frequencies in the guitar tracks, because I reckon that the recorded guitar sound is a part of the artist's expression. In hind sight, perhaps I could have thinned them a little more, I dunno ...

I did cut the drums conservatively in the area you mention. Again, I didn't want to completely change the recorded drum sound nor did I want to kill the instrument's natural engergy.

It was a fun song to be messing with, so I'll definitely be looking into it again.

Thanks

(24-03-2020, 03:56 AM)Shul Wrote: balances are good except that "fx" vocals .. it's really loud and poking out too much. it should be around the same volume as the clean vocals to blend better in the mix. some vocals by the end are very loud too.

it sounds as if though the guitars have little body.. perhaps it's the boosted 800hz - 5khz area? feels like they are coming out of a tiny guitar amp.

drums - drums in this type of genre are very click by themselves.. don't be afraid to cut out 300hz - 800hz areas.. less muddiness or "cardboard" sound is benefitial for it.

I have a Polish friend, who is a sound engineer. Oh, and a Czech one too.

#nobodygoeshomehummingthekickdrum
#nosubnoshow

Messages In This Thread
This was fun - by Krabbe - 23-03-2020, 11:59 PM
RE: This was fun - by Shul - 24-03-2020, 03:56 AM
RE: This was fun - by Krabbe - 24-03-2020, 08:16 AM
RE: This was fun - by Blitzzz - 24-03-2020, 12:47 PM
RE: This was fun - by Krabbe - 24-03-2020, 11:26 PM
RE: This was fun - by Blitzzz - 25-03-2020, 11:31 AM
RE: This was fun - by Krabbe - 25-03-2020, 03:43 PM