Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Candlebox - Surrendering Charlie Tipler Mix
Hi all,

New to the site, really glad to have found this great resource! Haven't done any mixing for quite a while and wanting to practise honing my skills during all this downtime.

Enjoyed working on this track, going for a nice earthy drum sound. Not a huge amount going on arrangement wise so used some panning, level and effects automation to give the sections some variation.

Let me know what you think!

.mp3    Candlebox - Surrendering CHARLIE TIPLER MIX.mp3 --  (Download: 5.15 MB)

.mp3    Candlebox - Surrendering CHARLIE TIPLER MIX V2.mp3 --  (Download: 8.58 MB)

Hey, welcome to the forum! Often quiet on feedback, but I love visiting here once in a while.
I feel like you nailed this track, I don't feel like it's crushed or undercooked, and that drum...I need more of it. Big Grin

The only thing I would say it detracts from a 10/10 mix is the bass, it's present, but it's a bit muddy, would be nicer to thin a tiny bit, get that separation from the drums.
(23-03-2020, 03:59 PM)Kevinw0lf Wrote: Hey, welcome to the forum! Often quiet on feedback, but I love visiting here once in a while.
I feel like you nailed this track, I don't feel like it's crushed or undercooked, and that drum...I need more of it. Big Grin

The only thing I would say it detracts from a 10/10 mix is the bass, it's present, but it's a bit muddy, would be nicer to thin a tiny bit, get that separation from the drums.

Hello mate. Thanks a lot for your feedback. I was struggling a bit the bass, kept pushing level up and down and couldn't get it to sit right where I wanted. I'll try cutting some lows/low mids on it!