Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jims Mix
Hi all new to the site so I am hoping to get a little feedback. Really like this tune, Had fun mixing it. I have asked for a little feedback on a couple of posts but have not heard from anyone. Looking to see how this mix or any of my mixes are translating to other systems. Thanks in advance for your reply.
It sounds really good. Everything is well balanced tonally. I'd say the drums sound really good but I think could use a little space to help tie them together and make them gel. Maybe more snare? It feels a little too laid back. I go back and forth about the guitar. Sometimes it feels loud and sometimes it feels ok. I know the part already has some volume changes on its own. There's something about the overall sound of it that feels too...wide? There feels like there's a stereo effect or processing that blurs its image. Especially in the distorted sections. There are just times when I have trouble placing it in a point in space. It's not even much of a critique, just an observation. I could use more keyboards. Conversely, they seem too centered and get lost in the crowded center. I think panning some things (cymbals and keys) out more in general may help.

All that said it does sound really good and all of that is minor. It's fun to listen to. Good job.
Hey Roy Thanks so much for taking the time to listen to the mix. I appreciate it. As you mentioned I will take it with a grain of salt because of the earbud thing but I appreciate your feedback. I know I am also loosing a little in the mp3 conversion so perhaps I should consider this aspect as well when mixing and mastering projects for todays mp3/earbud users. Perhaps you would consider listening to the original wave file Master and see if it makes a difference on your earbuds? let me know Thanks.
Sincerely
Jim S.
Nah. I’m good. Nothing I’m hearing has to do with the file format or conversion or anything like that.