Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.4 Average
Must be Voodoo Alexander mix
Hi! My version Must be Voodoo. I will be glad to hear your assessments and criticism Blush

.mp3    WestendBlend_MustbeVoodoo:Alexandermix.mp3 --  (Download: 14.59 MB)

Just going through and giving quick listens. When the band fully comes in, I like the energy. I like the tone of the guitar on the right though it might be a little bright and could come back a bit. It gets in the way of the vocal at times. The bass guitar is a little too 'fat' and I think could use more definition. I'm not sure about the low end in general on this on but on earbuds it's hard to tell. The noise in the intro is a little distracting. The horns could come up for extra dynamics. Especially the Trumpet solo. I feel like i'm hearing an overall mix compressor keeping things in check. My gut makes me wonder if it's being affected by the kick/bass/low end but I'm not sure. Vocal sounds good but like said takes a backseat to the riff guitar.

Sounds good and I think the mix helps give the song some energy it needs. The biggest offender is that guitar. Everything else is relatively minor. It needs some tweak but it works.
Thanks! I'll take all your comments into account