Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My mix of Kat Wright "Contact"
I heard this tune in the car the other day so I know that I mixed it, but the folder and files are gone, I know not where. Huh

There were enough little issues where I wanted to give this mix another whirl anyway. This mix is a hybrid, using mostly FF Q3 EQ on channels but then using Slate Digital VMR components for the 4 mix busses; drums, bass, vocals, and background instruments (guitar, horns and keys). I left the mixed tune as is on my iphone the last few days and made a list of things to try and update in the mastering phase. The master is another hybrid, using digital and linear components with analog modeling plug-ins for EQs and compressors. For the first time, I used a muti-channel compressor cranked to squash the track and then introduce a tiny bit of that into the mix buss.

Lots of learning and trying this week all using this tune as a Frankenstein. Comments always welcomed.

.m4a    KatWright_Contact_Mix3A_Master.m4a --  (Download: 39.64 MB)

Peace,
Dave
Mid 2019 Mac Pro; Focusrite Scarlet 18i20 USB2 audio interface; Logic Pro X; FabFilter C2, DS, L1, Q3, R, Saturn2, Timeless2 ; Native Instruments Komplete 13; Waves 12 Gold; Rokit 6 G3 monitors; AKG K240 MKII and Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro cans.