Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Robert Hammon: 'The Elephant'
Not too sure how I went with this one. Got a bit excited with the synths and decided pulled them back at the last minute. I thought I'd push this one into the red while trying to maintain the songs punch at the same time.

Update 08/03/20 Mix#2 Added
Slight refinements throughout, reworked snare processing, tightening the sustain through the verse parts.

.mp3    RobertHammon_TheElephant_Dangerous#1.mp3 --  (Download: 11.36 MB)

.mp3    RobertHammon_TheElephant_Dangerous#2.mp3 --  (Download: 11.36 MB)

Feels good. There's little to complain about. The synths in the 2nd V feels loud. I don't know if it's because there's no guitar 2 there. Maybe thinning it out a bit might help. The Ld Voc could come up a hair but that might just be personal preference. I kinda liked the snare sound at first but for some reason after awhile it became a bit tiring. I like the midrangy ring but I think it stands out keeping time too much, if that makes sense. Maybe it brings the snare too out in the front. It's hard to say. All minor issues. Overall it sounds good.

Hi Dave very nice mix i think Roy is right about the snare if think room should be automated a little,very good mix.
Reaper user
(27-02-2020, 03:05 PM)RoyMatthews Wrote: Feels good. There's little to complain about. The synths in the 2nd V feels loud. I don't know if it's because there's no guitar 2 there. Maybe thinning it out a bit might help. The Ld Voc could come up a hair but that might just be personal preference. I kinda liked the snare sound at first but for some reason after awhile it became a bit tiring. I like the midrangy ring but I think it stands out keeping time too much, if that makes sense. Maybe it brings the snare too out in the front. It's hard to say. All minor issues. Overall it sounds good.

Apologies for the delay, I've been away.

Thanks for the input Roy. Although I like the song, I'm really out of my depth with this genre. I have made some adjustments hopefully for the better. I striped my snare processing and started again, but it's come out sounding very similar to the first. I have managed to tightened the sustained through the verses though. I appreciate your help with this one.
(01-03-2020, 09:36 AM)Cudjoe Wrote: Hi Dave very nice mix i think Roy is right about the snare if think room should be automated a little,very good mix.

Snares are my achilles heel, amongst other things. Hopefully an improvement in my second pass. Thank you Sir!