Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm Alright - First Mix
Hello everyone.
I just made a mix for the above mentioned song, I'm Alright for a school project.
This is my first mix ever, and it was done at the school's facilities which helped me a lot (as a student in a small apartment, I can't afford monitors, or even if I could, I couldn't use their potential cause the soundproofing of this house is shit)

So I'd like to hear your opinions and all feedback is welcome.
I already know the mixdown volume is pretty low. In Pro-Tools it sounded loud and clear.

I have also uploaded a .wav version to my Drive, if anyone is willing to hear it.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1N_Ixfs...VT5lET9PX0

.mp3    I\'m_Alright_Mix.mp3 --  (Download: 6.85 MB)

Commenting to bring back to top Smile
The relationship between the kick and bass is good. Seperation is pretty good. Maybe the vocals could do with a touch more compression with some ambience/delay. High passing is your friend as long as it's not overdone. Otherwise a decent enough mix. PS If you want to comment on my mix (the one 3 below yours) that'd be welcome. ( I waited a while for feedback too so I know the pain LOL)
I'd like to add that I miss some higher frequencies in the voice, the drums, and percussion. Apart from that, I like the low end :-)
"Es wird immer weiter geh'n, Musik als Traeger von Ideen." ~ Kraftwerk
Balance seems good, but mix overall is very dull. You need to work on eq'uing invididual elements. You need to cut a lot of mud in mids in order to make this arrangement work. Try scrapping money for 2nd hand HD600 or HD650. Few years ago got new HD650 off ebay right after Christmas for 150 euro.