Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Digital Humans - Electrvm
I like the vibe of this song and that it (as most other songs) can be done in numerous ways. Reading comments on other mixes that the voice is too buried in the mix, you have not heard nothing yet Dodgy  I have used the voice more to add to the soundscape than to have it in focus. Thought it might be cool to investigate that path, so here it is. Please do comment! It is much appreciated. The mix could be further enhanced by more dynamic panning etc, but I thought I should upload this anyway (just because I like it just the way it is too). Hope you enjoy it!

Yet another slightly edited mix (b02 below). Enjoy!

.mp3    DigitalHumans_Electrvm_b02.mp3 --  (Download: 7.71 MB)

.mp3    DigitalHumans_Electrvm_a03.mp3 --  (Download: 9.63 MB)

Admittedly, not exactly bass shy either...
I do like the big bass!

The song does loss something for the ear to hook on too, when the voice is that buried.

Maybe something needs to replace that melody.

Just when I was expecting the built up at the outro, you fade it out. Totally not what I was expecting!

But still a cool mix.
(16-02-2020, 10:08 AM)eggshell Wrote: I do like the big bass!

The song does loss something for the ear to hook on too, when the voice is that buried.

Maybe something needs to replace that melody.

Just when I was expecting the built up at the outro, you fade it out. Totally not what I was expecting!

But still a cool mix.
Thanks! I felt like exploring that direction in this song. Just added a slightly edited version.

BTW; I played it in the car the other day and the doors almost got detached from the frame :-D
It sounds both nice an interesting. Have you considered applying for pre-delay on your delay effect, it would increase intelligibility without having to compromise your vocal level?
I have a Polish friend, who is a sound engineer. Oh, and a Czech one too.

#nobodygoeshomehummingthekickdrum
#nosubnoshow
I like the vocal effect and big bass. Nice work!
(13-03-2020, 05:21 PM)mike84 Wrote: I like the vocal effect and big bass. Nice work!

Thanks! It's a bit booombastic, but why not Cool
(13-03-2020, 07:20 AM)Krabbe Wrote: It sounds both nice an interesting. Have you considered applying for pre-delay on your delay effect, it would increase intelligibility without having to compromise your vocal level?

Yes I use that often, but not always. I aim to project some kind of feeling rather than having all sounds laid bare for the listener the first listen. If the song express the intended feeling and sounds generally as meant to AND there are still stuff to be experienced also after a number of listenings I'm a happy bunny. It shall also be possible to really crank it without having the ears fall off. Just my take on it.

Thanks for the comment! It is much appreciated!
I just got some new toys to play around with, which I have applied one on the vocals in this song (along with some other edits...). Added for comparison.
An interesting more atmospheric / trance mix.

I don't mind the vocal being low in the mix here, as it's still intelligible.

That's not easy to do, and the range of FX applied suites the song well also.
All sound is a distortion of silence / soundcloud.com/jeffd42