Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Friggy Mix - The Elephant
13-02-2020, 04:28 AM
Friggy Mix - The Elephant
Well recorded and produced song, made mixing pretty straight forward. Briefly checked my mix against some Jimmy Eat World and Deftones for loudness and I'm around the same volume.

.mp3   00-The Elephant MixV1.mp3 --  (Download: 11.09 MB)

Quote this message in a reply
13-02-2020, 03:29 PM
RE: Friggy Mix - The Elephant
Hi,

Ah.

Yeah - good mix and vision, especially when comparing with the example mix and your refs. As an aside - I wondered if you mix into bus compression? Kind of got this feeling when listening on headphones.

Anyway, I enjoyed this a lot on many levels.

Cheers!
14-02-2020, 08:30 AM
10 times better than my mix, but the only thing I do not like is that the main vocal is not inteligible in the first verse cause it is masked by the rythm guitar.
14-02-2020, 05:01 PM (This post was last modified: 14-02-2020 05:02 PM by bcs_mix.)
Very nice and big sounding mix! I love your drum sound, especially the snare, with which I had quite some problems in my own mix. However the guitars in the chorus seems to have too much low end to me, and it's too distracting when the chorus hits. I'd also either turn down the saw bass synth down a notch, or try cut the low and hi with low db/oct filters. Also, the vocals in the chorus can be a little bit wetter as well. Great job overall!

Support my video work!
Advertisement: