Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Egda Carolyn: 'Saudade Do Teu Beijo'_mix Tommy M.
AngelAngelAngel

Cool tune. Fun mixing it. No added samples or sound replacing was done. Kept it clean and balanced and went especially for a high beater click to sound good on laptop speakers, etc. Also, wanted it a little more wet than I usually mix because it just made it sound more "live" and I used some cool chorusing on the bass during its slap part.

Tom

.mp3    Brazil Song_2M.mp3 --  (Download: 5.29 MB)

tommymarcinek.com - Tommy Marcinek
Nice interpretation of the song, even though I think the drums are a bit overkill. Still, I'm curious about how you managed to get this sound w/o any additional samples, though, just from a single (probably fake) acoustic drum track, and a couple of 808s. Props to you in that regard. The mix itself is well done as well. But a little more low end around 30-80 Hz wouldn't hurt on a slow-tempo r&b song.

By the way, can you please check out my mix too? mine also uses a similar chorus technique on the bass, although a lot more subtle (in parallel). Thanks in advance!
(14-02-2020, 05:16 PM)bcs_mix Wrote: Nice interpretation of the song, even though I think the drums are a bit overkill. Still, I'm curious about how you managed to get this sound w/o any additional samples, though, just from a single (probably fake) acoustic drum track, and a couple of 808s. Props to you in that regard. The mix itself is well done as well. But a little more low end around 30-80 Hz wouldn't hurt on a slow-tempo r&b song.

By the way, can you please check out my mix too? mine also uses a similar chorus technique on the bass, although a lot more subtle (in parallel). Thanks in advance!
---------------------------------
I appreciate the compliments and agree with you about the drums being a bit overkill, and I especially agree about there needs to be a little more low-end. I mix a lot of jazz and it tends to be a little less bass-heavy. Yeah that Loop track was definitely a digitally created track. Basically, what I did was carve out a bunch of EQ so that only the high hat was the most prominent in that Loop track. Then I EQ'd the kick and snare to my taste but added total elements, which I then distorted and blended in. So basically by doing this technique, you can get any sound out of any sound, LOL. I will give your mix a listen...... I promise.....I'm just not in any place right now where I can listen properly.
tommymarcinek.com - Tommy Marcinek