Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
!NEW! - Robert Hammon's - The Elephant
Hi!

Lots of good ideas in this mix that are different to the rest which is really refreshing, but the mix doesn't quite gel together for me yet.

I think generally the vocal reverb is a bit on heavy side and is making them sound a touch hollow and is giving the feel of pushing them back in the mix perhaps, rather than putting them in a space, as such? I feel this is also affecting my perception of the mix balance and clarity. I feel things are getting a bit lost, especially around the 2:25 mark?

Verse vocals are a bit too upfront for me in comparison with the ensemble. I know this is a taste thing, but I think it is affecting the longer term dynamic between verse and chorus. I feel the verse vocals are making the chorus feel a bit small by comparison?

I think I agree that the intro synth does give the impression of overpowering the size of the guitar a bit too much I feel. Effects on guitar 2 are a little heavy for my taste too and are taking away from the tone a bit too much perhaps? Having now heard your idea for the second guitar, my gut feel is that I would like to hear this with maybe a touch lighter reverb, and maybe a light flanger or something similar on it to liven it up a bit?

I think the basic tones and ideas are generally ok. A lot of really interesting ideas there to liven things up, but the effects are a bit too heavy for me, and the balance is not quite working for me yet I don't think.

Yeah I think this session is a bit of a challenge. I agree it's a fun one though all the same!

Cheers!

Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!

Messages In This Thread
RE: !NEW! - Robert Hammon's - The Elephant - by mikej - 06-02-2020, 11:38 PM