Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Elephant - Lenni's Mix
I listened to Mix 2.

- Snare is dry and a tad loud
- Kick is a tad loud
- Verse guitars are a tad loud
- You should take out the breaths in the verse vocals. They are too harsh and loud
- Bass guitar could be a bit more scooped
- Chorus vocals have slightly too much low end
- I thought I heard auto tune in the chorus vocals. I could be wrong, but if you added it, I would back off on the effect

Good luck!
Hi there Nick, thank you for listening and the feedback, you seem to have good ears (and monitors!).
I disagree about the 3 elements being too loud generally. All the other points i can hear why one would notice in a bad way.
I'm pretty sure there's auto-tune on at least one of the raw tracks but I used it for the harmonies anyway. Have to be careful there.
Bass and low-end are one of the areas I'm not doing my best, I feel. Meanwhile I have found some new vsts for bass guitar that are awesome that I didn't have at the time.
Will definitely go back to this mix and adjust some things.
(27-02-2020, 01:04 PM)TheLotusEater Wrote: Hi there Nick, thank you for listening and the feedback, you seem to have good ears (and monitors!).
I disagree about the 3 elements being too loud generally. All the other points i can hear why one would notice in a bad way.
I'm pretty sure there's auto-tune on at least one of the raw tracks but I used it for the harmonies anyway. Have to be careful there.
Bass and low-end are one of the areas I'm not doing my best, I feel. Meanwhile I have found some new vsts for bass guitar that are awesome that I didn't have at the time.
Will definitely go back to this mix and adjust some things.

Now that I am listening to it a bit more, I think what I meant to say was that the kick and snare kinda stick out like a sore thumb, and I think it has to do with the eq blend. I think I would like to hear a bit more low end in the kick and a bit more body in the snare.

Sorry if I was too harsh in my last post. You got some good stuff here; looking forward to hearing your revision!