Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AndyGallas the elephant :)
Good mix. There are some things that jump out at me. I'm not a fan of the gated sound of the snare. It's a little unnatural to me and obvious. Especially in the chorus. It works in the verse but could be a hair longer. I like the sound of the kick but I think there's a lot going on in the mids of this mix and things crowd together between the kick, snare, tone of the bass, synth 2 etc. and they fight a bit. The kick tone makes it stick out too much and disconnects it from the mix. I think it causes the overall dynamics of the mix to level out since it seems to be one constant level. Taming the beater portion of the kick would bring it back to the band and open up room for the other instruments. The bass notes, especially.

That's it. I do like the overall tone and balance of the mix.
Thank you very much Roy for your thoughts. I didn't use a gated sound on the snare though but a short plate reverb. I wanted the Kick to make a statement to force a listener to tap to the rhythm. The synths are rather a stereo effect to me with not much of substantial harmonic content. It's a typical rock number for me. In the verse telling the story with more focus on the voice, rhythm and some excitement here and there and then the breaking up chorus with the wall of guitar sound power. Thanks again!
Hey Andy,

Solid mix!
Just nitpicking, some wonkiness on the bass I dont like.
Great work!

Cheers! Smile
(07-02-2020, 04:31 PM)letifer85 Wrote: Hey Andy,

Solid mix!
Just nitpicking, some wonkiness on the bass I dont like.
Great work!

Cheers! Smile

Thank you very much!
The Good:
- Nice kick sound
- I like the raw but roomy snare sound
- Guitar tone is smooth and doesn’t mask the chorus vocal
- Vocals are not being drowned out

The Bad:
- I think the clean guitars in the verse can come down a bit
- I’m not too crazy about the verse vocal having the tele effect but that’s just preference
- The bass is just a tad honky in the mid/low mid area. It’s mostly heard in the verses. Wouldn’t mind hearing it be a bit more scooped out
- Chorus vocals have just barely too much top end. It feels kinda wispy/tingy

I like it overall. Good luck!
(25-02-2020, 07:19 PM)Nick Wrote: The Good:
- Nice kick sound
- I like the raw but roomy snare sound
- Guitar tone is smooth and doesn’t mask the chorus vocal
- Vocals are not being drowned out

The Bad:
- I think the clean guitars in the verse can come down a bit
- I’m not too crazy about the verse vocal having the tele effect but that’s just preference
- The bass is just a tad honky in the mid/low mid area. It’s mostly heard in the verses. Wouldn’t mind hearing it be a bit more scooped out
- Chorus vocals have just barely too much top end. It feels kinda wispy/tingy

I like it overall. Good luck!

Thanks for taking the time for the feedback. Cheers