Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AndyGallas the elephant :)
Thanks for the tracks, was fun to mix.

.mp3    RobertHammon_TheElephant_2.mp3 --  (Download: 11.27 MB)

nice mix
Thanks!
(02-02-2020, 12:03 AM)AndyGallas Wrote: Thanks for the tracks, was fun to mix.

Sounds great! I was a little lazy on this one with any extra processing but I've like what you've done with the verse guitar and vocals. Smile
(02-02-2020, 08:15 PM)whiteditto Wrote:
(02-02-2020, 12:03 AM)AndyGallas Wrote: Thanks for the tracks, was fun to mix.

Sounds great! I was a little lazy on this one with any extra processing but I've like what you've done with the verse guitar and vocals. Smile

Thank you! Yeah I tried something catchy on the verse vox to get more excitement.
Solid mix Andy,
I'll probably gonna reapeat myself but i would fight with that honky freq in bass track what i dont like in recording. Trnasition sounds great. As for vocal, that cool effect, but it's an efffect and i wouldnt treat vocal in verses this way and leave it more natural. Just intuition says it's not right. Goof job! Drums are killler.
(04-02-2020, 11:41 AM)Lethan Wrote: Solid mix Andy,
I'll probably gonna reapeat myself but i would fight with that honky freq in bass track what i dont like in recording. Trnasition sounds great. As for vocal, that cool effect, but it's an efffect and i wouldnt treat vocal in verses this way and leave it more natural. Just intuition says it's not right. Goof job! Drums are killler.

Thank you for checking it out!
Well the amped bass I used sounded good but a bit thin to me. So I pushed the lows and give it also a lil chorus, that's all. So I guess you just don't like the bass sound to begin with. In case of the vocal, sure, effects are always a matter of taste but I found the vocal performance a bit weak to be honest and tried to hide that this way. Cheers!
Solid. Another good mix. Not totally on board with the lead vocal shaping but an inventive approach.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
(04-02-2020, 11:40 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: Solid. Another good mix. Not totally on board with the lead vocal shaping but an inventive approach.

Thank you very much!
I did finish the mix, replaced the file in the starting post, cheers!