Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What I Want - Devilskater Mix
Hi everyone,

had a blast mixing this one.

As usual: Comments are very welcome Big Grin

Andi

.mp3    The Brew - What I Want - Master.mp3 --  (Download: 8.89 MB)

Hi Andi - Really good mix here! I enjoyed the eq-sweep intro on the guitar. Cool idea! And at first I wasn't sure about the distortion on the lead vocal when it hit in the first chorus but the second time around I was thinking "okay, that works there". Great job!

Nate

nate!
Thanks a lot Nate. Glad you like my mix Smile
Hi

Nice intro!

My first impression is that I your vocal in the first verse wouldn't be worse off, if it was blended a little more in the mix.

Maybe I think your toms are just a pinch too high. Not all the time, but especially when it's not chorus, if that makes any sense?

Second chorus where the distorion and delay on vocal steps up is REALLY nice!

Overall, I like your approach here. It adds something interesting to the song, at least I think so. Well done
I have a Polish friend, who is a sound engineer. Oh, and a Czech one too.

#nobodygoeshomehummingthekickdrum
#nosubnoshow
i like the overall approach, especially the distortion on lead vocals. during the first chorus I'm not sure if the backing vocals are distorted too ?!?

I like the toms the way they are

while bass and bass drum are separated, I'd rather hear a heavier bass drum
"Es wird immer weiter geh'n, Musik als Traeger von Ideen." ~ Kraftwerk
Thanks a lot Krabbe and Yoda for your comments. Glad you like my approach :-)

@Krabbe

@Yoda: No there is no Distortion at all on the Backing Vocals. I agree, the Kick could also be done "Bonham" Style but I went for the tight approach here Big Grin

Cheers
Andi
(20-03-2020, 08:33 AM)Devilskater666 Wrote: Thanks a lot Krabbe and Yoda for your comments. Glad you like my approach :-)

@Krabbe

@Yoda: No there is no Distortion at all on the Backing Vocals. I agree, the Kick could also be done "Bonham" Style but I went for the tight approach here Big Grin

Cheers
Andi

thumbs up
"Es wird immer weiter geh'n, Musik als Traeger von Ideen." ~ Kraftwerk