Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Aureus Necrosis Mix with Fortin NTS Suite
Hey guys, here's my first mix of the song using Neural DSP's Fortin NTS Suite plugin on the rhythm guitars, the leads are the stock tones from Waves PRS plugin Jules provided. I wanted to make the rhythm tones a bit more distinct from the leads to give a bit more depth to the mix overall. The drums are Metal Machine EZx and the bass tone is TSE B.O.D using the provided Modo Bass file. I still need to refine my automation a touch but overall I'm pretty happy with how the mix sounds.

I've also included a version of the mix without limiting for those that don't want to hear any extra processing and loudness

Cheers,
Doug

Update:
Refined some automation and mix levels, also made some other eq tweaks to the bass and guitars. Like last time I included a Limited and non limited version of the mix.

.mp3    Aureus Necrosis Mix 1 .mp3 --  (Download: 9.98 MB)

.mp3    Aureus Necrosis Mix 1 No limiter.mp3 --  (Download: 9.98 MB)

.mp3    Aureus Necrosis Mix 1 Print 2 No Limiter.mp3 --  (Download: 9.98 MB)

.mp3    Aureus Necrosis Mix 1 Print 2.mp3 --  (Download: 9.98 MB)

Mixing is way more art and soul than science. We don’t really know what we’re doing. We do it because we love music! It’s the love of music first. Eddie Kramer

Gear list: Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Mbox Mini w/Pro Tools Express, Reaper, Various plugins, AKG K240 MKii, Audio Technica ATH M50x, Yorkville YSM 6
New print of Mix 1 in OP
Mixing is way more art and soul than science. We don’t really know what we’re doing. We do it because we love music! It’s the love of music first. Eddie Kramer

Gear list: Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Mbox Mini w/Pro Tools Express, Reaper, Various plugins, AKG K240 MKii, Audio Technica ATH M50x, Yorkville YSM 6
(29-01-2020, 11:28 PM)dcp10200 Wrote: Hey guys, here's my first mix of the song using Neural DSP's Fortin NTS Suite plugin on the rhythm guitars, the leads are the stock tones from Waves PRS plugin Jules provided. I wanted to make the rhythm tones a bit more distinct from the leads to give a bit more depth to the mix overall. The drums are Metal Machine EZx and the bass tone is TSE B.O.D using the provided Modo Bass file. I still need to refine my automation a touch but overall I'm pretty happy with how the mix sounds.

I've also included a version of the mix without limiting for those that don't want to hear any extra processing and loudness

Cheers,
Doug

Update:
Refined some automation and mix levels, also made some other eq tweaks to the bass and guitars. Like last time I included a Limited and non limited version of the mix.
Great mix man! I love the Neural DSP stuff. I wanted to use the Nameless Suite, but my trial has expired, and I can not afford the plugin yet. That plugin sounds so heavy on rhythm guitars, really like it!
(03-02-2020, 11:25 PM)js32shred Wrote: Great mix man! I love the Neural DSP stuff. I wanted to use the Nameless Suite, but my trial has expired, and I can not afford the plugin yet. That plugin sounds so heavy on rhythm guitars, really like it!

I bought NTS back on Black Friday and it made me delete every free VST, including the copy of Bias that came with my Scarlett 18i20 (super glad that I never invested anything into Bias), didn't have enough to get Nameless at the same time but it's definitely one of my next purchases (that was the plugin that convinced me that Amp Sims can feel like real amps). Honestly I was pretty impressed by the tones you printed, I just like to use a different amp sim for my leads so they pop alittle more (i'm also just in love with NTS and just find any excuse to use it within reason Big Grin) and I'm gonna stop here because I could ramble on about Neural DSP for days at this point!

Glad you enjoyed the mix and thanks again for the multis,
Doug

great mixes as always dcp Big Grin just some personal taste things that are meh for me in your mix.