Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My First Mix-Would Love Feedback!
Hi guys! Just finished up my mix of this song, this is the first one I've posted on this forum so I would love some feedback!!

I though this was a very well recorded, although heavily treated, session. I started with some session cleanup, getting rid of some random duplicates. I used the different mic options on a couple instruments (fiddle/banjo) to create some stereo width on those sources, while other sources were stereo tracks to begin with.

Spent some good time getting the kick and bass to play right, but I think I've got it to something that I'm liking.

I mixed mostly with Slate plugins with a little bit of UAD compressors and the Waves SSL Bus comp. No samples added on drums, although if I ever go back I might add one just to give the slightest bit more top end to the snare. Also, I just realized I forgot to automate the rimshot in the first verse so its a little quiet.

Let me know what you think! I was going for a "single" type mix and used some old George Strait and Alan Jackson hits from the late 90s and early 2000s for reference, and even some contemporary Luke Combs.

.mp3    Who I Am-Mix 2.mp3 --  (Download: 3.53 MB)