Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chalga - Szárad a Száj Mix
Hey guys,
Here is my mix of that song.
Reverbs and delays are meybe too much but i wanted to achive more lively sound. I'm not sure it worked.
As a newbie in mixing i will highly appreciate any feedback.
Thanks for listening.Smile

.mp3    Chalga - szárad a száj Mix 2.mp3 --  (Download: 7.96 MB)

Hey Axel,

Lovely mix!

I don't think the verb and delays are distracting at all! Especially if I just put myself into song listen mode, rather than mix listen mode.

I definitely like your snare tone more than mine. As I was mixing it, there was something that I just didn't like about the snare, and thought that if I brought the bottom snare up a bit more, it might give me what I needed. Instead it gave me what i wanted, rather than needed, if that makes sense.

I really like everything you did. You thinned the sax out enough that it doesn't sound bloated, but it sits in the mix really well, and still has the kind of body I would expect out of an alto.

Really nice work!

Draper
Hey Loweche6,
Thanks for your comment. Smile
There was some nasty ringing in the 500-700hz range of the snare that i cleaned and the bottom mic is 10 db quieter than the top.
I couldn't get the depth of the whole mix that i wanted and it is something i usually struggling with.
And again thanks for listening and comment on my mix.
Cheers!
Hey,

nice work here, I really like what you did. Your drum sounds very nice.
I do have some interrogation on your reverb on the sax, I think this is mainly that it sound a bit roomy and a bit distant in the mix, I would have ad some post reverb equalisation and maybe shorten the reverb tail a bit.

But really this is sounding nice !!
Hey Chewi,
Thanks for your feedback.
The idea was to place the sax and the fiddle more in the back but i get your point and i tried to correct that. Here is the new version, there is some other minor changes too. And it is a little louder. Smile
Would love to hear what you guys think.
Thanks for listening.

.mp3    Chalga - szárad a száj Mix 3.mp3 --  (Download: 7.96 MB)

Hey,

sorry it's been a while since last time I was here. I just listen to your new version, the reverb is sounding much better and it really improve your whole mix, I still would have like the sax and fiddle a bit more closer but I think this is my personnal taste (I do like a close sound Big Grin ).
The only thing I'll really have to say is about the guitar solo, for me the guitar part is too loud here and it does not fit well with the rest of the music, I think this not much but I would turn it down a few dBs so we still ear it without effort but so it doesn't jump in or face.

But really nice work, this is sounding really better than it was in the fisrt version Smile