Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Chalga: 'Szárad A Száj'
Helo guys,
Here is my first try. Any advices very welcome.
Cheers.

Edit
ver14 has some improvements i believe. Let me know what do you think.

.mp3    chalga_ver8.mp3 --  (Download: 7.94 MB)

.mp3    chalga_ver14.mp3 --  (Download: 7.92 MB)

Listening right now and I really like it, first thought is the vocal to come up just the smallest bit at the start. Maybe automate the first phrase up a small amount so it grabs attention. The volume sounds fine at :55 and when it comes back in around 1min.

Good job, had me cranking up the monitors for this one. Smile
Thanks Friggy for listening,
Totally agree about vox, i finally add some parallel compression, it did incrase a bit on volume and feel a bit more stable.
I relpace the file as those are minor adjustments.
I guess it still has some small issue due balance, perhaps some automation would work.
Once again thanks for listening. That was a good pointing out Smile
Cheers!

(10-01-2020, 12:28 AM)Friggy Wrote: Listening right now and I really like it, first thought is the vocal to come up just the smallest bit at the start. Maybe automate the first phrase up a small amount so it grabs attention. The volume sounds fine at :55 and when it comes back in around 1min.

Good job, had me cranking up the monitors for this one. Smile

hi, for me too much compression on ?mixbus?, it's hitting too hard
(12-01-2020, 10:33 PM)wod4 Wrote: hi, for me too much compression on ?mixbus?, it's hitting too hard

Thanks for listening.
Actually there is not much compression in general. Master bus has about0.5 gain reduction.
I did compress drums perhap too much a bit. Gtrs around 3db gain reduction, and alt sax about 6db reduction.
Hard to explain but when i started using less compression the mix are lauder than expecetd. Limiting on master bus hits about -2db.

PS Dropped another revision, not much really changed, but hoply its better.
Almost forgot to mention gtrs received saturation, maybe too much.
Hey Lethan,

Listened only to the second one.
Good mix!
Nice and even sound.
Good job! Smile

some Nit-Picking from my side(only my opinion Smile):

Something in the kick 100 - 200 hz range bugs me a bit, mb tucking there a touch?
Not a fan of the delay on the vocals.
I get that the industry really likes compressed(more than I would like Smile) sound so feel free to ignore the fact that the instruments(IMHO) lost the feel of the players and some dynamics.
I feel like during the more full parts of the song the vocal needs a bit more space(I have this problem as well)

Overall a good mix and nice listen!
Cheers! Smile
(13-01-2020, 08:53 PM)letifer85 Wrote: Hey Lethan,

Listened only to the second one.
Good mix!
Nice and even sound.
Good job! Smile

some Nit-Picking from my side(only my opinion Smile):

Something in the kick 100 - 200 hz range bugs me a bit, mb tucking there a touch?
Not a fan of the delay on the vocals.
I get that the industry really likes compressed(more than I would like Smile) sound so feel free to ignore the fact that the instruments(IMHO) lost the feel of the players and some dynamics.
I feel like during the more full parts of the song the vocal needs a bit more space(I have this problem as well)

Overall a good mix and nice listen!
Cheers! Smile
Thanks Letifer for the listening.
I agree about he Kick drum, feel very concetrated on 100-200hz, probablu i shuld shape it a bit, and bet a bit more on low end around 60.
I also could comress a bit less of alt sax. Actually i just bought a book by Nathan Nyqyist called: The Bus Compression Framework. There is few interesting informtion about how to approach bus compression, or even second compression as the one that glues things. Will gonna experiment with this approach in the future. Once again thanks for listening.
Great mix. I actually like the kick drum having the 100-200.