Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Friggy Mix - Burning Bridges
MixV2 uploaded Smile

Code:
Here's my attempt at this one. Thanks for listening!

.mp3    00-Burning Bridges MixV1.mp3 --  (Download: 8.64 MB)

.mp3    00-Burning Bridges MixV2.mp3 --  (Download: 8.64 MB)

sounds pretty good good separation but the whole mix is drowning in reverb, I would knock that back a good amount. Modern metal songs are usually pretty dry especially the rhythm guitars you can almost get away with no reverb at all. Your mix will have even more punch afterwards

*edit

the mix is also pumping quite hard, that’s exaggerating the verb, actually sounds more like an EDM mix not rock. The chorusing on the bass in the mid section is also quite obvious and does little to improve the tone imo.

Less is more I guess Smile This is especially true when you are mixing a fast metal song that doesn't need a lot of "makeup" to sound good. With that being said, I do like the raw, "over the top" power of this mix, and albeit it's very loud and pumping, most of the elements are in the right place in terms of volume/panning. Except the second half of the guitar solo which is buried beneath the backing vocals. The only purpose of those vocals is to support the guitar melody, not step into the spotlight... Smile
I went and backed off a few things in this mix. I was trying some new plugs and just ended up pushing them too hard throughout the mix.

I had a compressor on my music bus that ended up getting around 6db of reduction, so I got that down to just a db or 2. Also redid the bass treatment. Those two things should really help on the pumping. Less limiting as well.

Turned down the 3 room tracks. Still some verb on the snare, but less of that sound on everything else. And I adjust those last vocal lines so the lead line stays on top a bit more.

Hopefully it's all around better.

Thanks for the feedback, and for the tracks. Smile
Hey Friggy

Definitely an improvement. Still pumping a little too much for my taste, but loving the stereo width and overall vibe.
Great mix. Second half of the solo still needs to be louder than the Wohooo-Vocals, but other than that I really like it.