Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
dBu Mix - Revelations
Here's my mix of Revelations.

Anyone else have difficulty with the stereo panning of the overheads? That stumped me for quite awhile. But maybe it's just me Tongue

Mike.

.mp3    StreetNoise_Revelations.mp3 --  (Download: 8.36 MB)

(16-11-2013, 01:57 AM)Mike_at_dBuRS Wrote: Here's my mix of Revelations.

Anyone else have difficulty with the stereo panning of the overheads? That stumped me for quite awhile. But maybe it's just me Tongue

Well I don't remember having difficulty with the drum overheads, other than with the noise on the tracks, but it's been a few weeks since I did this myself. Smile

I love the way you brought out the definition in the guitars here and by panning them wide you've created a really nicely spaced stereo image. However, whatever EQ you're applying is really amping up the noise; either you need to rethink your EQ settings to figure out which ones are exacerbating the tape hiss or you might try the approach I took and go into the tracks one by one and clean up the noise on each one using the excellent noise removal tool in Audacity; once you've got the noise under control on the tracks you should be able to get away with using whatever EQ settings you currently have.

One big problem here, though: the reverb on the vocals. It sounded strange. I kept picturing the guy standing behind a closed glass patio door...
John A. Ardelli
Pedaling Prince Pictures
http://www.youtube.com/user/PedalingPrince