Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Dark rider - Hammer Down Rockitdog mix
Here''s my go.

havent mixed any metal in years, thought this might be good practice. Epic track. Thanks for the stems.

.mp3    Dark Rider - Hammer Down final mix.mp3 --  (Download: 11.11 MB)

Hey, it's not really that sort of mix that I would accept as a client because I prefer a slightly brighter sound with more clarity and separation and a lot more attention to all the small details. Everything sounds a bit muffled, like putting blankets over the speakers.

But man, there is something in this mix that makes it really, really addictive and powerful. Maybe it's the beefy guitar sound? It probably is.

If you would have been our mixer for this song I would insist that you keep the raw brutal guitar power at all costs, but also try to bring more of the juicy details into the spotlight and get more presence in the mix.

Stuff that needs to be worked on:
- Cymbals are way to quiet
- Vocals need up come up a bit
- First part of the solo is too quiet compared with the rhythm guitars

Ah, and one last thing: It's Darkride :-P
(03-01-2020, 03:23 PM)Blitzzz Wrote: Hey, it's not really that sort of mix that I would accept as a client because I prefer a slightly brighter sound with more clarity and separation and a lot more attention to all the small details. Everything sounds a bit muffled, like putting blankets over the speakers.

But man, there is something in this mix that makes it really, really addictive and powerful. Maybe it's the beefy guitar sound? It probably is.

If you would have been our mixer for this song I would insist that you keep the raw brutal guitar power at all costs, but also try to bring more of the juicy details into the spotlight and get more presence in the mix.

Stuff that needs to be worked on:
- Cymbals are way to quiet
- Vocals need up come up a bit
- First part of the solo is too quiet compared with the rhythm guitars

Ah, and one last thing: It's Darkride :-P

Awesome, thanks for the feedback. Having some issues with tonal translation it seems. It think your comments have actually helped me confirm some issues I'm experiencing. On fresh listen, Agreed on the cymbals & solo, was struggling with vocal level to be honest.

Very helpful, thanks again. If I get some time, I will do some teaks and post another version.