Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Swing Bazar's 'Fleche D'Or' (EquilibriumMIX)
I did it tonight. And a little bit of a night... ))) Assess the work, friends.

V.2 — Removed dirt, improved panorama, removed frequency conflict, increased RMS. changed the balance of the instruments, removed the noise at the beginning of the mix... etc.)))

.mp3    Swing Bazar\'s \'Fleche D\'Or\'.mp3 --  (Download: 8.32 MB)

.mp3    Swing Bazar\'s \'Fleche D\'Or\' v.2.mp3 --  (Download: 8.32 MB)

Alexander
Nice work once again Alexander. I guess for me, too much untamed dynamics in a song like this can become sounding a little messy when the arrangement gets busy. This is where structures of the song can be formed and attention focused. Long term dynamics also play an important roll with the builds and playoffs.
You've done a great job with the arrangement. I would like to hear the strumming parts to be controlled a bit more and the body of the notes to be more solid. This is most noticeable through the heavier parts. I do like the way the accordion has been featured though. Very tasteful. I guess there's always a trade off.
Well Done
(28-12-2019, 11:01 AM)Dangerous Wrote: Nice work once again Alexander. I guess for me, too much untamed dynamics in a song like this can become sounding a little messy when the arrangement gets busy. This is where structures of the song can be formed and attention focused. Long term dynamics also play an important roll with the builds and playoffs.
You've done a great job with the arrangement. I would like to hear the strumming parts to be controlled a bit more and the body of the notes to be more solid. This is most noticeable through the heavier parts. I do like the way the accordion has been featured though. Very tasteful. I guess there's always a trade off.
Well Done

I guess I overdid it a bit in the pursuit of musicianship mix. I was repeatedly criticized for excessive dynamics. But what can I do, I see music very emotionally. In addition, I have a desire to show an original performance that is not like others. I will think about how to make a smoother version. Smile
Alexander
It's all about taste Alexander and mixing to what your ears like. We have more dynamic range to play with these days than ever before. For me, I like to rein in individual tracks so they sit comfortably within a dynamic envelope. It's not just a matter of straight compression, quite often it's transient shaping. (controlling the attack of a strumming guitar, controlling the sustain of a note or just adjusting the timbre to suit) Apart from style, this can aid the long term dynamics of a song by creating room for other parts and to control ones focus. We are always trying to create a realistic elusion and focus through the song is important. I'm also a big fan of parallel compression where you can control the dynamic range and lift the quieter sounds without affecting the peak signals. With a song like this I find it's great for bringing the "body" out in the music but retaining it's flair. Once again your personal taste can govern how much. Personally I'm a big fan of dynamics and find it quite stimulating when executed well. As mixers, we have great scope in shaping and controlling the sound to ultimately show off the music the best we can. As you called it, "pursuit of musicianship mix" It's an interesting subject. Lastly, don't forget to visualise the music as you mix with your eyes closed!
(28-12-2019, 11:43 PM)Dangerous Wrote: It's all about taste Alexander and mixing to what your ears like. We have more dynamic range to play with these days than ever before. For me, I like to rein in individual tracks so they sit comfortably within a dynamic envelope. It's not just a matter of straight compression, quite often it's transient shaping. (controlling the attack of a strumming guitar, controlling the sustain of a note or just adjusting the timbre to suit) Apart from style, this can aid the long term dynamics of a song by creating room for other parts and to control ones focus. We are always trying to create a realistic elusion and focus through the song is important. I'm also a big fan of parallel compression where you can control the dynamic range and lift the quieter sounds without affecting the peak signals. With a song like this I find it's great for bringing the "body" out in the music but retaining it's flair. Once again your personal taste can govern how much. Personally I'm a big fan of dynamics and find it quite stimulating when executed well. As mixers, we have great scope in shaping and controlling the sound to ultimately show off the music the best we can. As you called it, "pursuit of musicianship mix" It's an interesting subject. Lastly, don't forget to visualise the music as you mix with your eyes closed!

I tried to improve the sound of the mix according to the comments (V.2). Of course, it didn't affect his concept. However, the overall impression of listening to should be much better. At least I hope so Smile
Alexander