Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blood To Bone Flymix
a good track to mix, good guitars, good drums, in short, everything good.
hope you like

from Argentina

Sergio

.mp3    BloodToBone(2).mp3 --  (Download: 7.24 MB)

Lovely warm sounding mix I like it !
The bottom end of the toms jump out just a touch on my monitors Big Grin !

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

(14-11-2013, 11:35 AM)thedon Wrote: Lovely warm sounding mix I like it !
The bottom end of the toms jump out just a touch on my monitors Big Grin !

in my auratones sounding on the verge of breaking, very fair.

Don thanks for listening!!
Hi,

I tend to disagree: this are some of the hardest tracks to mix on this site, as there are so many problems in them.

Now, not a single one of these problems is evident in your mix. Great job in that regard.

But there are things I'd like to point out:
First of all I miss definition from the bass. Being a bassist myself I am a bit biased in this regard, but I think in this case the bass should have more definition. Just take the intro: it is hard to make out the melody in the bassline. All I can hear is a lowend drown where something is happening, but it is hard to tell what. And this carries on through the rest of the song. Possible solutions here would be carving away a good dose of lowmids, boosting the hi mids or to try to work with the phase relationship between di and mic signal. Adding more distortion could help with that, too, but should be added after other processing.

I also think that the vocal delay could either use a different delay time or should be not so audible. The rhythm seems a bit off.

The snare is one of the instruments which is hard to mix here. Yours has no problem cutting through - but I have the nagging feeling that this is due to sheer volume. It also has a really obvious reverbtail which just further removes it from the rest of the tracks. The reverb reminds me of a slap back from time to time.

The guitar and vocals sound good and I also like the tom sound.

Cheers
Artbass
Overall, very nice work. I agree with Artbass suggestions. I had better luck with the bass on this one relying primarily upon the DI track. Maybe the delay would work as is if used a little more selectively.
To mix or not to mix ... mix!