Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shore my ver.
Firstly, I'd like to say Hello, since i'm new here Wink
I'm not a professional engineer, but I'm doing my best. I started recording, and mixing when my band decided to record our first demo. That was a year ago, and we recorded 6 or 7 songs, using one Akai EIE interface and 4 mics. Since we have a break from any recordings, I decided to try to mix some other stuff and I came here Wink

The song was a challenge for me, because for the first time in my life I had to deal with 43 tracks. I'm using only Cubase 5. I don't have any Hi End monitors, or studio heaphones, I'm listening mixes on Panasonic RP-HT360 headphones. I know that it's a not good idea, but i'm really enjoying it.

Song were mixed only using Cubase 5, all plugins that are included in cubase and free VST M/S Eq to roll of some low end. After that i compressed the song a little.

It's my first mix here, so i'm open for any kind of criticism, or any advice's. Wink

And sorry for my english because it's not my native language Smile

.mp3    Shore.mp3 --  (Download: 8.54 MB)

I really like your mix! Smile

I would just give more power to guitars and drums, for example i would like to hear more clearly the snares and kicks.

It's a good mix though! Keep it up! Smile

Take a look at my mix if you want, i will be happy if you give some advices Smile
EleKtroFR Productions - Music Producer & Mastering Engineer (aspirant)
Soundcloud: www.soundcloud.com/elektro-fr
I like what you did with the vocals on the chorus. I like how you brought the bgv right upfront.