Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ricardo Santiago - Let The Music Fade Away - My mix
Hi all,

This is my first time here. I tried to replicate the original mix as much as I could for educational purposes. I'm very much a beginner in mixing so bear with me.

It was difficult to make the kick sound full and deep. I managed that by cutting a lot of bass freqs on kind-of every tracks to make room for it. Then I blended in a reverb only targeting those lower frequencies.

The voice was varying a lot so I edited it to have a more constant volume.
A bit of saturation using SoftTube Saturation Knob where needed and voilĂ .

I didn't put much reverb on anything except the voice, the kick, the snare and the lead guitar at the end.
I used pretty much NO compression, if anyone thinks it would be enhance any part, please share it Smile

It's a very well written AND recorded song. I was surprised it could sound so good with so few editing.

If you like it or not, please tell me what you think of this mix. Cheers

.mp3    Ricardo Santiago - Let The Music Fade Away.mp3 --  (Download: 5.37 MB)

nice mix Wink
Thanks!

Looking at it with fresh ears I think there should be more attention paid to the voice and overall dynamics.
nice work practise man a lot of practise .
GDP Sound
Reaper User-Mac-Apollo Twin-Yamaha NS 10MStudio-
Beyerdynamic DT990Pro.
Any collaborations are welcome.
Yes, there's so many songs available on here! You'l definitely see me a lot on here in the coming months.
OK. So mastering is something you will want to improve on so your levels are more on par with industry standards. But that is not germane to the quality of your mix which is generally good. I do think that some well attended compression would have been helpful in places, unless you do the same forensic work on those tracks as you did vocals. It is mostly nuance type stuff with the compression. Good start and welcome to the community.

Make sure you upload at least 16 bit, 320K .mp3 files.

PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]