Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Jiayun Mix From a a young mixer~
Big Grin hi
Im a young mixer from China,
If you have any questions or advices
plz tell me!
BTW I LOVE MIXING SO SO MUCH

.mp3    Jiayun MIX_2_Mix.mp3 --  (Download: 7.11 MB)

.mp3    Jiayun MIX_2_Mastering (1).mp3 --  (Download: 7.11 MB)

I listened to the Mastered version. Overall I like it. I really like the kick. It gets the overall spirit of the song. It might be a little 'overdone'. I feel like the mix was designed to impress as opposed to fully support the song. It's very hard to describe. It's like a well made blockbuster movie. It's fun. I'm missing the plot a bit though. And I only say that because you did a really good job and I think the next step is to explore more of the subtle depth of the song. Not individual parts but the the emotion of the song.

This is a really good mix. As a mixer, it's fun to listen to. The song itself is pretty melancholy. And I think that could come across more. The emotion of the song gets lost. I think we've all failed at that. That's not a criticism but just the next level to think about mixing.

Good job.
THANK YOU BRO
I agree with you very much.
Because my English is not good enough,in fact I dont get understand the mean of this song,so I can't grasp the emotion of this song very well,I can only treat it as a normal rock song

I MIX IT WIHT MY IPHONE EARPODS, very cheap equipment
I think there are still some places I haven't dealt with very well。
If you have more good ideas, please let me know

Thank you!!!!
(23-12-2019, 04:47 PM)RoyMatthews Wrote: I listened to the Mastered version. Overall I like it. I really like the kick. It gets the overall spirit of the song. It might be a little 'overdone'. I feel like the mix was designed to impress as opposed to fully support the song. It's very hard to describe. It's like a well made blockbuster movie. It's fun. I'm missing the plot a bit though. And I only say that because you did a really good job and I think the next step is to explore more of the subtle depth of the song. Not individual parts but the the emotion of the song.

This is a really good mix. As a mixer, it's fun to listen to. The song itself is pretty melancholy. And I think that could come across more. The emotion of the song gets lost. I think we've all failed at that. That's not a criticism but just the next level to think about mixing.

Good job.

THANK YOU BRO
Because my English is not good enough,in fact I dont get understand the mean of this song,so I can't grasp the emotion of this song very well,I can only treat it as a normal rock song

If you have more good ideas, please let me know[/quote]
(24-12-2019, 06:49 AM)rabbitzealot2 Wrote:
(23-12-2019, 04:47 PM)RoyMatthews Wrote: I listened to the Mastered version. Overall I like it. I really like the kick. It gets the overall spirit of the song. It might be a little 'overdone'. I feel like the mix was designed to impress as opposed to fully support the song. It's very hard to describe. It's like a well made blockbuster movie. It's fun. I'm missing the plot a bit though. And I only say that because you did a really good job and I think the next step is to explore more of the subtle depth of the song. Not individual parts but the the emotion of the song.

Good job.

THANK YOU BRO

If you have more good ideas, please let me know
[/quote]

I understand. And I'm sure I'd be the same way with a mix that was in Chinese. I don't want to interpret the song for. I'm pretty sure it's about addiction though. I'm terrible at analysis. The emotional part is very subtle in regards to your mix. I think we've all focused on the 'rock' element of the song. And that's ok. It's a tough guy in a leather jacket. But he's vulnerable. I'm sure that doesn't make sense.

Like I said it's a pretty good mix. You don't have to change much. But there's subtle improvements that could be made. And I'm not sure what.

I mix with iPhone Earbuds. It's not ideal. I'm not always happy with them. But, I still make, in my opinion, ok mixes with them. I bet you listen to them a lot. You know how they sound. Trust your ears.

Good friend
Problem with compression, whenever the bass drum plays the music goes down.
Try to solve this problem.
best regards