Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
David Tyo: 'Never Ebb But Flow'
Hey guys,

here is my mix of this powerhouse of a song. At times I felt a bit lost during mixing, no quite sure what to adress next. So there might be some oversights on my part.

Anyway, I hope you still enjoy and leave comments!

--Version 2--
I tamed the low-mids of the piano and compressed it a bit more firmly. The verse vocals are just a bit quieter aswell as the acoustic guitar. This and the volume automation between the verses/choruses should create a bit more "flow" in this song.
I brought the OHs and Cymbals up a bit and brightend the mix overall. Also tried to create nicer ending.

Let me know what you think!
-- --

Cheers,
LukasAngel

.mp3    DavidTyo_NeverEbbButFlow_v1.mp3 --  (Download: 7.35 MB)

.mp3    DavidTyo_NeverEbbButFlow_v2.mp3 --  (Download: 7.46 MB)

The Heavier sections sound great Lukas. Very cohesive and full. The verses are on the other hand are sounding a little loose for me. I think the piano part needs to be tucked in a bit more and the vocal taken down a little. As it is, the verse comes on a bit louder than the preceding chorus part, which is upsetting the flow a bit. Otherwise for me this is a real nice first pass. Well done.
Hey LukasL,
I like your version , As Dave mentioned the piano is popping out mostly in the side channels below around 400hz area on my monitors ,maybe also tame that and some plucking of the acoustic and bring up the hi hats or overheads .

Nice work Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Thank you guys for the feedback! New version with my notes is up Smile
Trouble just on the piano, an excellent mix
best regards