Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
David Tyo Never Ebb But Flow final mix
I attempted this yesterday and made a right balls Big Grinup so i deleted the original thread,something i very rarely do,anyway this is my redone mix.

.mp3    David Tyo Never Ebb But Flow Mix1 redone.mp3 --  (Download: 7.25 MB)

.mp3    David Tyo Never Ebb But Flow Mix 2.mp3 --  (Download: 7.12 MB)

.mp3    David Tyo Never Ebb But Flow final mix.mp3 --  (Download: 7.25 MB)

.mp3    David Tyo Never Ebb But Flow final mix update.mp3 --  (Download: 7.2 MB)

.mp3    David Tyo Never Ebb But Flow final mix update tweak.mp3 --  (Download: 7.21 MB)

.mp3    David Tyo Never Ebb But Flow FINAL.mp3 --  (Download: 7.2 MB)

Reaper user
The balance is fine to me most of the time. Though the first words after the intro could be more there, right now they are a bit hidden, kinda fade in. Especially at the beginning of a song it is very important that a mix feels coherent at least to me. The reverb/roonmsound of the vocals is, well at least unique. It's a matter of taste. I did go very classic, intimate in the verse and kinda big in the chorus but then there are really no rules. Others than that all good, cheers!
(17-12-2019, 10:40 PM)AndyGallas Wrote: The balance is fine to me most of the time. Though the first words after the intro could be more there, right now they are a bit hidden, kinda fade in. Especially at the beginning of a song it is very important that a mix feels coherent at least to me. The reverb/roonmsound of the vocals is, well at least unique. It's a matter of taste. I did go very classic, intimate in the verse and kinda big in the chorus but then there are really no rules. Others than that all good, cheers!
Cheers Andy for you good comments i must admit that i did not take much care in the verb on the vocals knowing that i would be coming back with a mix2,its now uploaded with a few tweaks here and there,thanks again.
Reaper user
I thought that i would do a final mix,i felt that the snare was abit weak.
Reaper user
I had to do a update on final mix,any comments before i move on?
Reaper user
You've been busy Cudjoe!Big Grin
Listening to the updated final, the heavier parts work quite well and sound good. I like the cohesion with the with the drums with these sections. The drums are probably a bit forward and bright through the verses for me though. Nice transitions through the climatic parts. I also liked the pushed synth part through the second verse. Very Cool.
Cheers for that guidance Dave i have done one last tweak mix,tell me what you think when you can please.
Reaper user
(21-12-2019, 12:44 PM)Cudjoe Wrote: Cheers for that guidance Dave i have done one last tweak mix,tell me what you think when you can please.

Thumbnail(s)

It feels pretty mid-rangy to me. I think the telephone vocals in the verse takes away from the impact of the chorus. It creates a common sound between the sections that keeps the overall dynamics small. The volume gets a little louder but tonally it feels flat throughout.
I WANT ONE!

Thumbnail(s)