Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tell Me Nice - lbx mix
Hi,

First mix on here.

Feedback much appreciated and thanks for listening.

LBX.

.mp3    WovenHollow_1-001.mp3 --  (Download: 8.33 MB)

really like the vocal tone you got. it sounds clean. overall good mix.. but the thing for me is the bass is way too much. Kill some of those Sub freq.
(15-12-2019, 04:57 AM)Shul Wrote: really like the vocal tone you got. it sounds clean. overall good mix.. but the thing for me is the bass is way too much. Kill some of those Sub freq.

Thank you for your feedback. Yes - I agree now it's pointed out to me - I usually struggle in that area due to terrible bass response in my studio - two huge positive nodes below 90Hz!! (I have room correction on - but never fully trust myself in that area).

I have added a 24dB slope HP around 85Hz on the Bass - which to me gets rid of that excessive sub bass reasonably well without affecting the main useful bass harmonic around 90Hz upward too much.

Now having removed that excessive bass - I'm not convinced I haven't uncovered other slight problem areas in the mix - but until I've spent more time listening I'm not sure... Smile - EDIT: Yep - need to also tone down that cahon too I think...

.mp3    WovenHollow_1-002.mp3 --  (Download: 8.33 MB)

Have now tweaked the Cahon to reduce sub and pulled out (increased) some higher harmonics.

Also tweaked Bass again a little to again pull out some higher harmonics.

.mp3    WovenHollow_1-003.mp3 --  (Download: 8.33 MB)

Final one on this I think Smile

Added some subtle saturation across various tracks to glue it all together a little bit. I think it works.

Any comments welcome.

Thanks again for listening.

.mp3    WovenHollow_1-006.mp3 --  (Download: 8.33 MB)

I like that cajon and snare now sounds good. An inprovement over the other mix. good job!
(16-12-2019, 05:29 AM)Shul Wrote: I like that cajon and snare now sounds good. An inprovement over the other mix. good job!

Thank you. Big Grin