Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Young Griffo - Blood to Bone
Hi guys

What an epic track to mix! Cool

I found the snare to be a bit tricky in this one, but I think I nailed it.
I love the guitars and probably over did them a little!
They had to have distortion, for me the originals was just too clean.

I tried my best to build the track as it progresses. It MUST end with a screeching bang!!! Big Grin
Let me know what you guys think!

Thanks!!!

.mp3    Young Griffo - Blood to Bone (3rd Mix).mp3 --  (Download: 9.06 MB)

A song is never finished... Only abandoned. So sing if you've got nothing left to say.
Nice big big sounding mix pretty well balanced !
The vocal Effects are a personal choice and I like it ,the vocal and guitar distortion sounds a touch too heavy especially on the ns10 s and Auratones !
The toms seem to pop out and may require a little bottom end eq or a touch softer Big Grin!
Great job
Cheers
Don

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

(12-11-2013, 11:02 AM)thedon Wrote: Nice big big sounding mix pretty well balanced !
The vocal Effects are a personal choice and I like it ,the vocal and guitar distortion sounds a touch too heavy especially on the ns10 s and Auratones !
The toms seem to pop out and may require a little bottom end eq or a touch softer Big Grin!
Great job
Cheers
Don

WOW!!!
You have a pair of ns10's AND Auratones!?
How I envy you!!! Big Grin

I feel honored that you listened to the track over those babies!

I do agree with you about the distortion. A part of me wants it like that and a part of me wants it to be even more distorted! Tongue
Since Auratones don't lie, I'll bring it down a notch! Wink

I was undecided about the toms.
Couldn't decide whether they we're too loud or maybe lacking the bottom end you mentioned.
I'll give them another listen and try to improve on them.

Once again. Thanks for the feedback!!!
I HIGHLY appreciate your input!
A song is never finished... Only abandoned. So sing if you've got nothing left to say.
Very nice. The kick and snare sound great. One trick I like to use on toms is some tube saturation ... might help.
To mix or not to mix ... mix!
(12-11-2013, 06:00 PM)bmullen Wrote: Very nice. The kick and snare sound great. One trick I like to use on toms is some tube saturation ... might help.

Thank you very much!!!

Probably spent most of the time on the kick and snare. Going back and forth as I mixed the other instruments together. The biggest challenge for me was to get rid of the "boxy" sound the snare had.

Thanks for the advice regarding the Toms.
I'll give it a try.