Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
my first mix
03-09-2012, 05:39 PM (This post was last modified: 03-09-2012 08:43 PM by diothegreat.)
my first mix
its my first mix to send to this site.imo very musical song and i think it is important to transfer this musical passion and a litttle bit of the"darkness".Mixed on my ath-50s headphones with the waves plugins(unfortunately i dont have studio monitors).

.mp3   nightowl.mp3 --  (Download: 6.56 MB)

Quote this message in a reply
14-11-2012, 09:34 PM
RE: my first mix
The whole mix has a strangely boxy sound to it which feels primarily centred around the 400-500Hz zone. This seems primarily on account of a rather unusual choice of bass sound. Maybe this is just a monitoring issue in your system, in which case I'd take a look at that as a matter of priority. However, it could also be a deliberate artistic choice, but if it is then you might want to reconsider it, because I found it actually distracted me significantly from listening to the song, which is rarely if ever a good idea.

Given this general mix-tone issue, it's quite difficult to comment on the rest of the balance, but the instruments do feel more sensibly judged on the whole, and the width and space of the total presentation is certainly very well-suited to this song in my view.

Mixing Secrets for the Small Studio | Recording Secrets for the Small Studio
Quote this message in a reply

Access my tutorial videos!
Advertisement: