Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
How easy everything is with good recordings
Mixed with Chinese headphones
I had some problems with the guitars, because I put all the tracks in groups, and since it has many arrangements at some times the punctures with the compression are reduced
I was dissatisfied with the changes of dynamics in the mastering, so I went to the automation (subtle, increasing around 1db in the choruses)
For this mix I took the theme "My Chemical Romance - Welcome To The Black Parade" as a reference. I felt that this song needed to go to the side of the emotion that the song conveys
I read constructive reviews!
Greetings from Buenos Aires, Argentina

.mp3    David Tyo mstrng.mp3 --  (Download: 7.26 MB)

Hi davidchameleons.
You have a good balance overall. Every element is properly heard. Loved how you mixed the voice in the chorus.
You should definetely check out the low/low-mids in the mix. The song sounds a bit woofy. Probably, the bass and kick could be ecualized further. Also the toms and snare have too much information on the low end.
This is a personal taste, but try a bit more brightness overall. Maybe the acoustic guitars could have a bit more top end.

Above all this, I liked very much your mix.

Saludos desde Buenos Aires tambien! Je.
(11-12-2019, 10:42 PM)Chapel159 Wrote: Hi davidchameleons.
You have a good balance overall. Every element is properly heard. Loved how you mixed the voice in the chorus.
You should definetely check out the low/low-mids in the mix. The song sounds a bit woofy. Probably, the bass and kick could be ecualized further. Also the toms and snare have too much information on the low end.
This is a personal taste, but try a bit more brightness overall. Maybe the acoustic guitars could have a bit more top end.

JAJA y uno usando el traductor
Me gusta mucho mezclar las voces, siempre uso una reverb y dos delays: uno slap y otro más largo, en los estribillos le aumento la intensidad
Una técnica de CLA
Y lo del problema con los bajos y medios-bajos supongo que tiene que ver las guitarras, les mandé un preset que tenía armado para guitarras modernas pero las dejó finitas, y después en el mastering quise compensar subiendo por alrededor de los 200hz con el ProQ2 en el modo side, pero más o menos

(12-12-2019, 12:36 AM)davidchameleons Wrote:
(11-12-2019, 10:42 PM)Chapel159 Wrote: Hi davidchameleons.

JAJA y uno usando el traductor
Me gusta mucho mezclar las voces, siempre uso una reverb y dos delays: uno slap y otro más largo, en los estribillos le aumento la intensidad
Una técnica de CLA
Y lo del problema con los bajos y medios-bajos supongo que tiene que ver las guitarras, les mandé un preset que tenía armado para guitarras modernas pero las dejó finitas, y después en el mastering quise compensar subiendo por alrededor de los 200hz con el ProQ2 en el modo side, pero más o menos

Claro. Quizas habiendo levantado en 200 con el ProQ se te desbalanceo un poco. Aparte justo esa zona que generalmente todo es un quilombo.
Felicitaciones igual. Me gusta.

Si tas al dope chequeate mi mezcla
http://discussion.cambridge-mt.com/showt...?tid=30715