Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4 Average
NeverEbbButFlow_AndyGallasMix
Thanks for the tracks!

Cheers
Andy

.mp3    DavidTyo_NeverEbbButFlow.mp3 --  (Download: 7.49 MB)

.mp3    FinalMix_NeverEbbButFlow.mp3 --  (Download: 7.38 MB)

.mp3    FinalMix2_NeverEbbButFlow.mp3 --  (Download: 7.4 MB)

I really like it. I'm missing the bass guitar. I think it plays an important part.
I think you have a good grasp of the dynamics. I think the focus is more on the chorus as opposed to the verse. It's rambunctious. But I want to say 'immature'. It's the closest approach to the song I've felt. What comes across is accentuating the chorus and I think the verse can have as much focus. Almost as if the verse is a 'break' from having to deal with the chorus.

I'm not being helpful. I'm sure. I really like this approach and the dynamics and I'm poorly expressing what it needs. I don't want to say it should be less dynamic. The chorus might be oversaturated and trying too hard.

I think the verses need 'more'. More savory? The chorus feels like candy as opposed to an awesome pastry.

I'm bad at critique. I only try to explain it because I think you understand what it needs, it's maybe my favorite version, and I like where you're going and maybe trying too much to help.

Feel free to ask for clarification. Good work.
Thank you very much Roy. I get what you mean and I agree with you! The biggest issue for me was that I felt the performance of the vocals in the chorus was kinda over the top. I tried to hide those issues with all what came to mind. One point were very loud in your face guitars to deviate from the vocals which in change result in a very dense aggressive chorus. As a listener you need a break in the verses then me thought. But I get what you mean, I also think the vocals might get a bit more refined and exciting in the verse but not to loud in comparison to the chorus... anyway, very good observation.
I added the final mix in the startpost. Cheers!
Excellent sound. Very, very good!
Alexander
Wow, thank you very much Alexander!
Hi!

Great job! (FinalMix).

Nice touch with the little pause in the intro. Liking the snare sound. That little bit of vocal delay going into the chorus. Yeah, good work getting the track to 'lift' with the chorus too, and good chorus vocals. Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
Thank you very much Mike!
Yeah, there was finally a lot of editing on the vocals lots of tracks I spread out for the different vocal parts, volumes and effect, etc.
Oh, and already updated the final track, LOL – I've masked some of the acoustic guitars too much. Now they are back but very subtle.

Cheers!
Guitars are very harsh in the chorus part
Mr. Loud
(14-12-2019, 10:50 AM)The Wizzards Wrote: Guitars are very harsh in the chorus part

Thank you very much! I think they are bright and "in your face" but very harsh, hmm?
Anyone else think that the guitars in the chorus are very harsh?