Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
David Tyo - Never Ebb But Flow
Hi,

My mix. Cheers!

Update: Added revision 1.0.
Update: Added revision 1.1.
Update: Added revision 1.2.

.mp3    David Tyo - Never Ebb But Flow.mp3 --  (Download: 7.3 MB)

.mp3    David Tyo - Never Ebb But Flow 1.0.mp3 --  (Download: 7.3 MB)

.mp3    David Tyo - Never Ebb But Flow 1.1.mp3 --  (Download: 7.3 MB)

.mp3    David Tyo - Never Ebb But Flow 1.2.mp3 --  (Download: 7.33 MB)

Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
Overall it's a really well balanced mix. One thing you might try is to cut the lowmids a tad on the chorus rock guitars but then perhaps you are aiming for this sound. It just looses a bit of clarity in the chorus, no big deal.
It feels pretty good. There's something about the chorus/ heavier sections that feel indistinct and not solid. I think it's a phase issue but not sure what the offender is. I can best describe it as a 'cloud' around the center instruments. I'm betting that doesn't help.

Tonally, frequency wise, it feels good. I just want a more solid chorus. I suspect that Andy above is seeking something similar. He says a cut to the low mids and more clarity. I think what I'm hearing contributes to that.

That said, it feels pretty good.
Many thanks Andy and Roy for the comments - much appreciated.

I think you are right that I've over done it a touch with the low mids. I can hear that even the bass is getting a bit lost in the chorus parts too. I've made a few changes (1.0), hope it's a little better now?

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
Added update 1.1. A few level tweaks here and there, and a touch more upper mids... Cheers!
It is getting better.... but I'd have a look at the chorus again. It is very dense almost overcompressed. The guitars Electr.2 are dominating to much, the kick is almost lost in the chorus and therefor the groove and move. Hope that helps but then everything is taste. Cheers!
Yes, you are completely correct. Many thanks for the advice, much appreciated. I will try to fix.
Hi,

Added update 1.2. Had a go at fixing the chorus, and the verse/chorus dynamics. Attempted to make the chorus more 'solid' also as per Roy's comments. Cheers!
Much better!
(17-12-2019, 10:43 AM)AndyGallas Wrote: Much better!

Thanks. Really appreciate your help. I've learned a fair bit. Cheers!