Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
David Tyo: Never Ebb But Flow
First version. I guess I will have to add tons of automation and some nice FX. I didn´t take care of the sound FX files yet. This all will happen in V2.
Comments are very welcome.

.mp3    David Tyo - Never Ebb But Flow_V1.mp3 --  (Download: 7.24 MB)

.mp3    David Tyo - Never Ebb But Flow_V3.mp3 --  (Download: 7.29 MB)

.mp3    David Tyo - Never Ebb But Flow_V4_Contest.mp3 --  (Download: 7.26 MB)

Nice. I like everything but the lead vocal reverb. A little too fury considering the raw electricity of the rest of the parts. Your mix is otherwise excellent. Great start.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
(09-12-2019, 03:36 AM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: Nice. I like everything but the lead vocal reverb. A little too fury considering the raw electricity of the rest of the parts. Your mix is otherwise excellent. Great start.

Thanks mate. I wasn`t sure about the reverb and I probably made the wrong decision. I will try another one when I do some more automation. Thank you for your comment.
I like it. I'll disagree about the vocal reverb. At least on the verses. I like the space it gives. But the reverb or the vocal could be thinned out a hair. THere's something about how the combo work together that's a bit too much.

I think it could be a bit more exciting and dynamic. I just keep wanting the chorus to do more. In every version I've listened to. I suspect that after another pass with automation might do the trick.

Other than that nothing jumped out at me.
(09-12-2019, 06:09 PM)RoyMatthews Wrote: I like it. I'll disagree about the vocal reverb. At least on the verses. I like the space it gives. But the reverb or the vocal could be thinned out a hair. THere's something about how the combo work together that's a bit too much.

I think it could be a bit more exciting and dynamic. I just keep wanting the chorus to do more. In every version I've listened to. I suspect that after another pass with automation might do the trick.

Other than that nothing jumped out at me.

Thanks Roy. I will try both, less and another reverb. For more dynamic I want to change the amount of the drums parallel compression in verse and chorus. And maybe I`ll find some elements to make the chorus more exciting. Thanks for your comment. I appreciate that.
Hi DB I like this one very much, well done.
Reaper user
(10-12-2019, 11:14 AM)Cudjoe Wrote: Hi DB I like this one very much, well done.
Thank you Cudjoe. I still hear a lot that I'll have to work on. Thanks for taking your time to listen to it.
Nice mix. I hear some rumble in the low end, in dens part of song. Like some distortion. Snare in last bar of second chorus, before bridge sounds unnaturally.
Today I added V3. I deleted V2 because there was some distortion in the kick track that I didn´t hear while bouncing (maybe it was just too late...). Thanks to konop_tnt. I changed the vocal reverb and added some more automation to make the chorus more importent. Comments are very welcome.
(15-12-2019, 09:32 PM)konop_tnt Wrote: Nice mix. I hear some rumble in the low end, in dens part of song. Like some distortion. Snare in last bar of second chorus, before bridge sounds unnaturally.

You are absolutely right. It was the kick drum that hit the parallel compression too hard. Thanks for listening.