Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Georgia Wonder: Siren
Listened to abba and earth. wind and fire songs for a bit as a reference for this type of disco track...

i noticed that bass and drums area really upfront.

spent about 2 hours and a half. i like this song so i think i will tryand give it another go!

it's already sounding pretty qaulity without doing anything to it

used limiters but got a bit lost with it all

quite pleased with 3rd mix. i could improve the vocals a bit more, i also wish i could make the snare more blamy flamy (phlam) or splashy but i feel i pushed it as much as i could..
i was also quite forgiving when it came to taking the low end out of the vocal tracks... as i feel there was a lot of muddy low end..

i'm also not sure about the fx tracks mid way through song as it sounds like a plane is taking off.

I mostly used fl studio pro plugins.... the fruity parametric 2 for an eq plugin, limiters for side chaining, and fruity reverb as well as well as cla 76 and cla 2a as compresors

let me know what you think!

thanks!

.mp3    siren wonder master.mp3 --  (Download: 16.42 MB)

.mp3    sirens 2nd master.mp3 --  (Download: 16.42 MB)

.mp3    master 3 siren.mp3 --  (Download: 16.42 MB)

Not bad, I can certainly tell what you are going for.

Some thoughts for ‘master_3’:

Good strong bass, which is essential if you are going for a more disco feel.

- You might want to check that there is enough 80Hz in the bass, and enough 40-60Hz in the kick.

Guitars might be a touch thin, could maybe do with some more low mids? Might want to add a touch more top end to the hats too?

Vocals could do with a bit more low mids (200-300Hz), especially around the 2:10 mark I think.

I think I feel a bit more weight needs to be added to the other parts in the mix, to match and meet up with the bass if that makes sense?

The CLA76 is a great plugin. On snares, try the blue mode, 4:1 fastest attack and release, and around 7-8db of gain reduction and tweak from there.

Have you checked out the Earth ,Wind and Fire album ‘Now, Then & Forever’ (I think mixed by Dave Pensado)? Some great tracks on that album, along with the classics on the deluxe edition.

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!