The Wrong 'Uns: 'Rothko' (newbie mix)
Smile hello iam newbie...
iam try to mix this song.,
Here's my attempt to mix this song
I still have so much to learn!!!
I use protool 9 to mix this song
(sory for my bad english Big Grin)

Waiting your feedback

.mp3    The Wrong \'Uns- Rothko.mp3 --  (Download: 3.04 MB)

Hi adhi and welcome on board!

This mix sounds pretty good. I think the levels are chosen quite whisely. Nothing here that screams "newbie" at all.

Two things I'd like to mention, though:
The accoustic guitar during the intro has something strange going on. Almost as if an old, worn out cassete is creating artifacts. If this is intentional you should pronounce it more, if not you should look into it.

At first I thought that your mix is quite bass heavy, then I realised that it is not the level of the bass but the kick. It has a quite long sustain/resonance. To tame that I'd try to set a compressor for this task (long attack) or use something like transient designer. A gate might work, too. If you want to keep it that long, maybe an eq-cut set to that resonance frequency could make it a bit less overpowered.

But good work.

Cheers
Artbass
for acoustic guitar is actually not intentional, but I was confused to find the right color so I thought it might be better if used as natural and old

and for the bass, I was always in trouble in the bass and kick, every time I try to mix,

thank you for the advice, I will try to re-mix again, use your suggestions for the bass ...

sorry for my bad english Big Grin
Sounds nice. I would have turned the electric guitar up a bit. And I like to get my basses to sound girth and thick, I actuarially used a pre-amp setting on the sans amp to give the bass some width. This is just my opinion of course, as all music is.