Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'Never Eb But Flow'
I started this project Saturday night and worked on it through yesterday. After 5 iterations, I believe I'm satisfied with the mix. I mastered it at -12 LUFS-I to keep dynamic range. Comments are welcome.

.mp3    DavidTyo_NeverEbbButFlow_Mix2C_Master.mp3 --  (Download: 6.46 MB)

Peace,
Dave
Mid 2019 Mac Pro; Focusrite Scarlet 18i20 USB2 audio interface; Logic Pro X; FabFilter C2, DS, L1, Q3, R, Saturn2, Timeless2 ; Native Instruments Komplete 13; Waves 12 Gold; Rokit 6 G3 monitors; AKG K240 MKII and Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro cans.
Only 5 ??? LOL. I'm at 12! Cool guitar treatment. The Ooohs section, while worth emphasizing and is in your mix, but it buries the lead to the detriment of the section, I feel. I am also sensing vocals being a bit bottom heavy which doesn't sit as well as it could against the good guitars. There are a lot of moving parts in this but you've got some great sounds.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
(07-12-2019, 11:18 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: Only 5 ??? LOL. I'm at 12! Cool guitar treatment. The Ooohs section, while worth emphasizing and is in your mix, but it buries the lead to the detriment of the section, I feel. I am also sensing vocals being a bit bottom heavy which doesn't sit as well as it could against the good guitars. There are a lot of moving parts in this but you've got some great sounds.

Thanks bunches, MITC. Yeah, last weekend it was 5, I'm not even sure where it stands now after trying different things during the week. I'm pretty sure I've gone to at least 12, and I know I lowered the "ooohs" just a touch. The level issue there becomes more apparent on small PC & iPad speakers. The guitar "treatment" is just EQ and saturation.

.mp3    DavidTyo_NeverEbbButFlow_Mix3_Master.mp3 --  (Download: 6.53 MB)

Peace,
Dave
Mid 2019 Mac Pro; Focusrite Scarlet 18i20 USB2 audio interface; Logic Pro X; FabFilter C2, DS, L1, Q3, R, Saturn2, Timeless2 ; Native Instruments Komplete 13; Waves 12 Gold; Rokit 6 G3 monitors; AKG K240 MKII and Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro cans.