Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Own - Whoosh
This style of music is still somewhat out of my comfort zone, but definitly enjoyable doing and trying some new things. Looking forward to your comments!

2nd version: left just a nodge of reverb on the vocals, took down the spatial reverb on the synth tracks a couple of dB.

.mp3    my own.mp3 --  (Download: 8.67 MB)

.mp3    my own2.mp3 --  (Download: 8.76 MB)

Hmm...interesting. It sorta sounds like a sound check in an arena. lol The reverb on the vocals could be brought back a touch. I like the delay on the chorus ad libs.

I hear some new sounds that I really like! The kick sounds new unless that's just the way you EQ'd it and if so, kudos! What is that sound on the first verse around :43? I really like that. Maybe my ears are messing with me but I swear I hear an actual bass guitar?

Great job!
Don Perignon
Mix Engineer / Hobbyist
https://soundcloud.com/donald-holland
It does sound better with less reverb on the vocals Smile Just tried to bring it back a notch.

There are some new sounds in it, I triggered the kick to play a combination of two samples, one that's just a bottom, and one that does the beater. 0:43 is a synth sequenceloop, the bass is a Moog with a resonator Wink

I'll post a new one where the vocals aren't so wet and I'm gonna take a notch off the instruments as well.