Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
David Tyo - Long Way Home
(27-11-2019, 03:49 PM)faba42 Wrote: Hi everyone
First time poster and I have just started learning to mix. this is my first attempt at mixing a song (but don't go easy on me Big Grin) I would really really appreciate any feedback from you much more knowledgeable guys and girls.
many thanks
Faba
Cool! What I like most about this is that everything seems to pretty much be there.... Overall frequency range seems a bit limited i.e. things seemed to be built up in the middle a bit. Snare is somewhat canny and down in the mix ...maybe it's low because it's a bit canny ;-) . My tips would be: Find a similar track that has good overall sound (frequency distribution) - probably something professionally done , and constantly A|B your mix with it to see what the differences are. Also, if you haven't already, sort out the send/return routine for reverb (and other fx) and fire a bit of reverb on there. Sounds a little dry.
- NT -

(26-01-2020, 08:42 PM)NewtonThomas Wrote:
(27-11-2019, 03:49 PM)faba42 Wrote: Hi everyone
First time poster and I have just started learning to mix. this is my first attempt at mixing a song (but don't go easy on me Big Grin) I would really really appreciate any feedback from you much more knowledgeable guys and girls.
many thanks
Faba
Cool! What I like most about this is that everything seems to pretty much be there.... Overall frequency range seems a bit limited i.e. things seemed to be built up in the middle a bit. Snare is somewhat canny and down in the mix ...maybe it's low because it's a bit canny ;-) . My tips would be: Find a similar track that has good overall sound (frequency distribution) - probably something professionally done , and constantly A|B your mix with it to see what the differences are. Also, if you haven't already, sort out the send/return routine for reverb (and other fx) and fire a bit of reverb on there. Sounds a little dry.
- NT -

Wow thank you for that. I will do what you suggested. I did wonder about my mix being dry because when i listened to other other mixes i could really hear the reverb and not so much in mine. perhaps im too scared to use it Big Grin or i wonder if my room is a little too live Huh

thanks again