Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Sorry, but I sent the sax-player home.
This band will probably not hire me, because I simply couldn't find room for the sax in this.

I used all other tracks, but I just couldn't find anyway to fit the sax into things.

My center-of-attention in this one is the beat or groove, not any of the individual instruments, in an attempt to turn it into a 'dance-track' (Think body-movement, not electronic music) that swirls around the listener encapsulating the listener.

I don't know what the band envisioned for this song, but I see an inner-eye music-video of our protagonist who have ventured into a forest of magical creatures and now finds him/her self surrounded by them. Elves and fairies with flutes and harps doing their mesmerizing ballet around the listener, enticing on a trance-like state that leads to our listener giving in to the urge to let their body slip its rational restraints and start dancing primitively.

We've all seen that movie, right? Smile
Where the rule-ridden office-clerk ends up giving in to more earthly pleasures and discovers life is more than correctly stamping snarly forms that always come per regulation in copies of 5.

Anyway, that's my reasoning behind trying to make this version more beat-driven than story-driven.

I had a lot of trouble with the snare. No single track had it fully present, but rather it was scattered across several tracks (hit on one, body on another, and so on)
So I had a hard time getting it to 'fill up' the space and make it more prominent. I wish it had less of a cardboard-box sound to it, but I couldn't get around it completely so it is what it is.

.mp3    Turbosauro - Magilla (JELmix).mp3 --  (Download: 9.81 MB)

Awesome mix, very different from the one I made today.

Very phat and crisp -- I dig it! Cool
(28-11-2019, 12:14 AM)Ringoman1 Wrote: Awesome mix, very different from the one I made today.

Very phat and crisp -- I dig it! Cool

Thanks Smile
And kudos to the band for making a song that was well-written and lend itself well to these dynamics. It's much more difficult to write a good song than to turn knobs and move sliders Smile
Nice mix
(28-11-2019, 05:40 PM)Arielp Wrote: Nice mix

Thanks, so was your mix Smile
i sent the saxplayer home as well but then i made him come back to play the chorus... so i agree with the groove-driven interpretation. did you use bitcrushing? for the snare i felt putting it in phase helped me getting it to sound more solid.
(14-12-2019, 10:25 PM)loupi Wrote: i sent the saxplayer home as well but then i made him come back to play the chorus...

lol, poor guy, not knowing if he's bought or sold Big Grin

(14-12-2019, 10:25 PM)loupi Wrote: did you use bitcrushing? for the snare i felt putting it in phase helped me getting it to sound more solid.

No I did not try bit-crushing. Trying that did not even cross my mind.
Thanks for the idea Smile