Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FytaKyte_LifeGetsInTheWay
Hi friends, am new here so be kind and give positive feedback..(including criticism), there's many approaches and opinions as usual..so here goes my version..i hope my mix isn't getting in the wayBig Grin

.mp3    FytaKyte_LifeGetsInTheWay_Mix1.mp3 --  (Download: 9.65 MB)

A bit of low end cleanup though the attack on the guitars kind of still clashes with the kick..overall though this sounds better.

.mp3    FytaKyte_LifeGetsInTheWay_Remastered.mp3 --  (Download: 9.65 MB)

nice mix
(22-11-2019, 03:32 PM)JeffMaestro Wrote: Hi friends, am new here so be kind and give positive feedback..(including criticism), there's many approaches and opinions as usual..so here goes my version..i hope my mix isn't getting in the wayBig Grin

Hello I didn't mix this one so I'm not an expert.

The snare is lacking impact, power. Probably because the reverb is too strong on it and not compressed enough. There is one voice with a strong reverb and the other almost dry. It is a nice way to differentiate the singers and create this pingpong style of singing but it's a too strong difference. I feel uncomfortable listening to it.
A little less reverb, a voicebus with a common compression if not done already. This would help to fix the voice together.

Again I find the same mistake as in the Glass ( according to the date you were reworking them at the same time). Your 2nd version is just destroyed compared to the first. You are trying to fix a mix problem with mastering tools.
You can't just cut an enormous amount of low end frequency on the entire song.
The 2nd version feels empty, unfinished, like something important is missing.
The 1st one is not perfect but at least I'm listening to a song.
Believe me the 2nd mix doesn't sound better than the first.

Looking forward for your future mixs.
No low end in 2nd mix .Over eq used extremely.First mix is better.Overheads are a bit hard .Bass guitar's high frequencies are clipping .Sidechain eq can solve it . Snare is low and a bit boxy.You can shine your snare and add room sound to it.For example you use plate reverb to shine the snare.(short plate )Electric guitars panned with automation from left to right .Kick is too soft this type of music.No need to do it .I hope that helps to you .